New Car (To Me), New Car Questions

KCKKen

Please forgive me if these topics are covered elsewhere, I tried to use the search function and it didn't come up with answers:

First, I need to know if fog lights from a 1994 Cutlass Supreme will fit my 1992 Cutlass Supreme convertible.  One of mine is broken, and I found someone that has a pair off of a 1994 for sale.

Second, I have the code sheet on the inside of the deck lid.  I haven't looked at it very closely yet, but I am curious to know if it has the paint code on it -- trying to decide which color of blue the car is.

I have a question about the radio, but I'll search for it again.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.  I'm really beginning to like this car more with every drive!

Take Care,
KS

Please forgive me if these topics are covered elsewhere, I tried to use the search function and it didn't come up with answers:

First, I need to know if fog lights from a 1994 Cutlass Supreme will fit my 1992 Cutlass Supreme convertible.  One of mine is broken, and I found someone that has a pair off of a 1994 for sale.

Second, I have the code sheet on the inside of the deck lid.  I haven't looked at it very closely yet, but I am curious to know if it has the paint code on it -- trying to decide which color of blue the car is.

I have a question about the radio, but I'll search for it again.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.  I'm really beginning to like this car more with every drive!

Take Care,

KS

Ken,

The foglights from a 94 CS coupe or vert will fit a 92 CS coupe or vert.  Not sure about sedan applications.  

The only color blue that was a stock color with the 92 vert was called Medium Quasar Blue. 

What's your radio question?

Edited by MemphisMan

Hi MemphisMan!

Sorry I didn't get back in here sooner, work schedule has had me really busy.  Anyway, it seems the AM/FM/Casette in my Cutlass doesn't pick up stations very well compared to the radio in my other vehicle (2001 Isuzu Rodeo) -- we're in a larger town and the stations should come in pretty clear.  The power antenna works great, so I know it should be up and picking up the airwaves.  Is this something common or repairable in stock radios?  I'm really thinking about keeping it unrestored stock, only has 126,000 miles and looks great.  I found documents from the original owner, when it was sold in August of 1992 with a whopping 143 miles on it!

Thanks for the info on the paint, it looks so good I want to make sure I get any chips touched up before they get bad.

Also, Memphis has a special place in my memory -- I started my military training in avionics in Millington back in 1981.  Before I left there, I bough a Cutlass convertible that I wished I still had: 1968 model.  After being out of the service for 16 years I joined the Air National Guard in 2003, and finally got my 20 years in last September.

Take Care,
KS

Hi MemphisMan!

Sorry I didn't get back in here sooner, work schedule has had me really busy.  Anyway, it seems the AM/FM/Casette in my Cutlass doesn't pick up stations very well compared to the radio in my other vehicle (2001 Isuzu Rodeo) -- we're in a larger town and the stations should come in pretty clear.  The power antenna works great, so I know it should be up and picking up the airwaves.  Is this something common or repairable in stock radios?  I'm really thinking about keeping it unrestored stock, only has 126,000 miles and looks great.  I found documents from the original owner, when it was sold in August of 1992 with a whopping 143 miles on it!

Thanks for the info on the paint, it looks so good I want to make sure I get any chips touched up before they get bad.

Also, Memphis has a special place in my memory -- I started my military training in avionics in Millington back in 1981.  Before I left there, I bough a Cutlass convertible that I wished I still had: 1968 model.  After being out of the service for 16 years I joined the Air National Guard in 2003, and finally got my 20 years in last September.

Take Care,

KS

My 95 has a different stereo than yours and I don't know if it's a common problem for your year.  A quick check would be to locate the power antenna in the trunk and unplug the larger antenna wire from the pigtail of the antenna.  If there is no change to the reception (i.e. worse), then it's possible it could be disconnected on the other end where its plugged into the stereo.  Someone who has the same type of head unit can chime in as to it being a common problem.  

Although my forum name is MemphisMan, I actually live in Millington.  I retired from the Navy here in 2010 and continue to work on the base as a contractor for Booz Allen Hamilton.  I've been here since 2003.  Glad you finally got your 20!