UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Imp558

2018 June W-Body Meet Planning thread

Only request if we do Cleveland area is that someone from Cleveland that knows the area where we stay or someone scouts the area that we're going to.  I'm up for a change.  Change can be good.  I just wanna hang out with the gang.

Only request if we do Cleveland area is that someone from Cleveland that knows the area where we stay or someone scouts the area that we're going to. I'm up for a change. Change can be good. I just wanna hang out with the gang.

Last page, Sam scouted and is from the area.

Im voting Toledo redroof. I like I... but whatever it is.. please no Columbus yall softer than cupcakes motel 6 w/ a hint of people being shot at. no thankyou.

need to figure out days the meet is so Jenn and I can get this on the calendar

-Jarek

I want to go to the drag strip.. not that it matters for anyone else...but I will have my truck this year with a new setup...

Columbus garbage. if I offended anyone for that.. ohh well.. my room. a/c didn't work leaked in to the room. wrank. hookers, drugs and a guy got shot. you have no valid argument if you are mad. have never had an issue with Toledo. I wouldn't mind trying out somewhere else but that's not up to me. I think we should spend more time chillin at the park. it was nice. but short lived.

-Jarek

EDIT: not that anyone cares... but I ran the racer x tgp a few years ago had fuel issues. ran a 14.8. satisfied it didn't blow up. lol. The truck is my 1991 Toyota Pickup. I am at the moment building a 1uz cammed itb setup for it. curious to see what it would run down the same track.. just my hopes. park in Toledo. and Milan Dragway for some fun! and hopes for no rain.

I phoned them today and they're just about booked for every weekend in June already, it's a shame too the woman was nice and they got great reviews.

Already texted Sam to see if there's anything else out that way. That region has a ton of stuff to do if we go that way. We'd better pick something fast before everything is booked in whatever city we end up in.

Edited by Imp558

To be fair, very few outside of this forum would have much good to say about a W-body...

That being said, I still miss my LQ1 Cutlass convertible, even though I've bought some pretty nice cars to take its place.  Both the IROC, and the Corvette could run circles around that old Cutlass, but there was something about the way it ran and drove that always put a smile on my face.

In a straight line or auto-x? :mrgreen: 

I wouldnt race anything I`m driving a long distance in anyways so im hit or miss on the dragstrip. Should we do a current vote to see whats the popular choice? I'm good with a place that allows cars with hoods up or on jackstands, drinking in public(within reason of course), and bedbug free place to crash or junkie free parking lot for backseat snoozing.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point. There's only a few people who typically attend that have checked in so we don't have a number to even try to negotiate room prices.

As far as location goes I suppose Toledo would do it but there's far less to do there. It's also important to note Toledo is not where we have met before, it's Maumee OH. Maumee is a nice suburban area surrounding Toledo, which is the kind of place I had envisioned for eastern Ohio to make it more accessible to southern members.

Any fear of Cleveland, which is not where I was hoping to meet are also justifiable with inner Toledo.

Now I think in the interest of even getting reservations it would be best if Al called the Maumee RRI since the manager knows him to see what they could do.

I'm not against Toledo, its just that last few of our meets most people are coming from WNY/PA/OH so why bother all the way up by Michigan?

This has been a weird year for me. I'm completely out of motivation for planning a meet, but I'd like to goto one.

The old formula works, and in the past we have not had enough interest to continue racing outings. I know, personally, its nothing I care about.

Nunzi you better be interested when the Mach 5 is done... Racing outings that is.. lol. sadly wont be ready in time.

I couldn't care what people say about me... I know people talk about me behind my back all the time.. if they said my car was a pos.. id chuckle. and go yeah with its paint flaking off and headliner sagging.. Ill see what you say at the other end.. becha it will be a different story.

I like Toledo. I thought it had a nice park, good food, billards, record store.. etc. Jenn and I liked it. Im afraid after Columbus what would happen if we went elsewhere.

I couldn't care what people say about me... I know people talk about me behind my back all the time.. if they said my car was a pos.. id chuckle. and go yeah with its paint flaking off and headliner sagging.. Ill see what you say at the other end.. becha it will be a different story.

I'm personally looking forward to meeting the Mach5, after seeing the craftsmanship on the parts you made for the Regal (R.I.P Buddy) I'm really excited to see it. Nobody has ever said anything negative in your direction in front of me but I'm both the "Old Guy" and the "POS Regal sedan guy" so take that with a grain of salt. We'll have to talk about autocross this Summer, maybe I'll drive the GS down your way for an SCCA event at some point and we can stink the place up with 2 old POS W'S.

Thank You

I haven't been to an auto x event in years. Mach 5 still wont be ready for some time. and not exactly an autox car any more. lol I am however trying to buy a new ae86 as my old one is long gone. there isn't much racing here on Long Island.. like ever. not even sure who runs it any more.

here is that car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUmgemS15MQ&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gmSq5Ylprk&t=46s

now back on topic. lol

when are we voting on this!!???

Is the 3800 show done? I can't seem to find any info on a 2018 show. As for a W body show, from this group, any time in June in the general Cleveland/Akron area would work for me. I may have mentioned this in an earlier post, but the weekend of July 6-8 in Columbus hosts the biggest Good-Guy's show in the country. That weekend wouldn't work for me since I've already paid for my hotel room. 

Al, since everybody seems hip on Maumee still maybe you could check the motel and get some rates and what weekend is going to give us the best availability so we can get the ball rollong?