UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Imp558

2018 June W-Body Meet Planning thread

I'd meet you in Nashville for the GoodGuys in May.  Were you planning on going regardless?

Going regardless, hopefully it wont rain like last year both days. There is part of the public parking lot that backs up to the actual displays parked in the grass were people wanting to show off cars separate of the show and for sale area park to blend right into the show. But you have to get there early Saturday or tailgate Fri night to get the good spots.

Edited by rich_e777

I say Millington errr I mean MemphisMan organizes it and we hold it in Memphis. There's an LKQ there IIRC

There is an LKQ here, but there wasn’t much there a couple of weekends ago. There is a pull-a-part though that has a better selection. If it was gonna be further south, I’d recommend Nashville...IF it was gonna be farther south. I’m not saying It should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can do any weekend, unfortunately most of this discussion is happening on Facebook though.

oh, I didn’t know that. I knew the question had been asked, but haven’t seen any discussion on fb about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, not the 1st weekend in June, not merging with the ZZP show, I mean 3800 Gathering. Somewhere in OH. This is getting narrowed down slowly, I would say not the second weekend in June since those going to the Gathering would have two trips in a row. Matt has a problem with the third weekend, maybe last weekend june?

I don't think anyone going to both minds two weekend trips in a row. It's fair to block out one weekend for it to not overlap, but not three for before and after. Someone find us an eastern Ohio small drag strip and it might be a done deal. This was mentioned on facebook and I am all for it.

Edited by vipmiller803

I'm going to look into Akron area motels this week.  Working 12 hours today, which will blow my investigation time.  

Thanks for looking Bro, If we decide on that region I don't want you to think you're stuck lining anything up, I don't mind doing that (and a good excuse to go to a PAP).

If we do end up down there we may need you to recommend a picnic area for Saturday's lunch though.

This motel is a potential candidate.  Convenient Wal-Mart 1/2 mile north...all sorts of restaurants at this exit and the next one east.  Wadsworth is a western suburb of Akron...the police are a fine blend between inner city IDGAF cops and Barney Fife, himself.  Place is set back from everyone.

This puts us on the northwest radius of Akron/Canton area, which would put us a straight shot dead west of Akron PAP, a bit closer to Cleveland, and 40 minutes from Canton.  Canton holds any restaurant/store imaginable.  Fairlawn to the north is reputably chock full of restaurant chains and offers a mall.  

Wadsworth is closer to Norwalk Raceway Park, too...now owned by Summit Racing.  Anyone wanting to check out the Summit Racing showroom can cruise dead east on I-76 to the east side of Akron.  It's right off the highway.

https://www.reservationcounter.com/hotels/show/6124f61/legacy-inn-suites-wadsworth-wadsworth-oh/?cid=sem::OTPRC::AC::PT-P01::Hotel-Chain-L::Legacy-Inn-Suites-Wadsworth-Wadsworth-OH-US-345353-did-6124f61::legacy-inn-wadsworth::Exact&creative=%7bcreative%7d&device=c&AdPos=%7badposition%7d&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=legacy-inn-wadsworth&utm_campaign=Hotel-Chain-L&msclkid=0b723596b3b3175281b36f256b492426&gclid=CLHU3IysgNoCFcGCxQIdl8oHaw&gclsrc=ds 

Awesome job! Now if we could get some people to come in and vote or argue or whatever we traditionally do maybe we could set something up.

Can we start a roll call to see who would like to attend? Then I can call the joint and see if we can get a group rate so we can make an informed decision.

1 Imp558