UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Imp558

2018 June W-Body Meet Planning thread

That's... not a terrible plan. Mine has had funky noises for so long I wonder how long it will be before it decides to consume itself. Besides the electrical, are you looking at any problems engine wise?

I have a better plan. Drive the buick, swap the block, continue trip.  :)

I haven't swapped the engine in a few years, but I bet a day would be plenty.

Holy shit would we look awesome tearing through Cleveland in 2 black Regal coupes.

Hah that would be awesome! With mine looking so shabby these days, it'll look like yours is brand new.

Mine looks like a golf ball, hail storm car again. There's a shot of our Regals together in the event photos section.

I would just tell anyone that asks that the car was used in a special NASCAR team aerodynamic test, and they found dimpled body panels were faster.  :)

I would just tell anyone that asks that the car was used in a special NASCAR team aerodynamic test, and they found dimpled body panels were faster. :)

Haha, I was thinking that too, to break up pockets of turbulent air close to the vehicle surface.

I haven't been to any JYs in Nashville but would like to go.  If I ever go there, it's usually to do non-car related stuff, although the guy who did my burl wood interior parts lives there.  I did go visit him once to check out his operation.

There are 2 favorites within 30mins, and a LKQ that I havent been too yet. I would make a couple hours drive to a JY with a Vert so i can get every single piece of weatherstripping and seal for Steele so they can reproduce them. I talked to a sales rep at the annual Good Guys car show last year and he was confident with decent samples they could do it, not sure how much investment it would be but I know there would be a demand for them. Its coming up again this June or July and the show extends to the public parking lots where people bring everything to show off. I`m taking the vert this year and parking with the G-body guys.

I would be up for Nashville or Akron. Although honestly, I don't think I would be in the buick in either case...

Dude I was hoping to shoot some pool and get a few beers with you and your Vette and whoever you was with would've been welcome of course. My garage(and house) is just off Nolensville rd which turns into 4th and thats where Martins BBQ is. I hope you didnt get any damage from the FUBAR interstates, if you did file a claim with the state and they have to pay for it. I`d love to rant about the local politics just in Nashville but rules is rules.

Dude I was hoping to shoot some pool and get a few beers with you and your Vette and whoever you was with would've been welcome of course. My garage(and house) is just off Nolensville rd which turns into 4th and thats where Martins BBQ is. I hope you didnt get any damage from the FUBAR interstates, if you did file a claim with the state and they have to pay for it. I`d love to rant about the local politics just in Nashville but rules is rules.

Life happens. Maybe next time. The potholes in Nashville were probably the worst out of all the cities I hit on the way down, but they don't hold a candle to our roads. If you want really destroyed roads, head to metro Detroit right now.

We have a way to get at the state/cities too by the way. It is on you to prove that mdot/city knew about the pothole for longer than 30 days and failed to attempt to fix it, then you have to get multiple repair estimates. So basically, you have no shot at getting your money back.

Could any of you guys that do the facebook thing maybe drop some hints towards the members that don't stop in much anymore to pop in with opinions on meet location and dates?

I just threw up a post on the page. I have very few facebook friends from here so I figured the page might reach a wider audience. If anyone else wants to mention it to specific people, please do so!

There are 2 favorites within 30mins, and a LKQ that I havent been too yet. I would make a couple hours drive to a JY with a Vert so i can get every single piece of weatherstripping and seal for Steele so they can reproduce them. I talked to a sales rep at the annual Good Guys car show last year and he was confident with decent samples they could do it, not sure how much investment it would be but I know there would be a demand for them. Its coming up again this June or July and the show extends to the public parking lots where people bring everything to show off. I`m taking the vert this year and parking with the G-body guys.

I've been hoarding 2 sets. What's good man? Can they do it?

The spokesperson at the Steele display was confident they could reproduce them, how much is still up for debate. I kept his business card I thought but I`ll find someone to talk to and start a thread when I have more info. Email sent, the ball is in their court now.

Edited by rich_e777

I don't believe so. There were a few replies on the facebook page. I specifically mentioned to come join here so it's one conversation, but alas, that part was tuned out.

Erie and Pittsburgh were both liked. Toledo was nayed by a couple folks.

We go through this every year, there's nothing to do in Erie except the peninsula. There's no wrecking yards here to wander and they would be full of nothing but rust if there were.

There's a lot of restaurants here but that's it.

I would be the most likely to arrange it and I'm saying it now .... Erie is not a place for a meet.

If the location is still up in the air it would really depend on what everyone wanted to do. I`m all in for hanging out in a parking lot around a cooler and grill with hoods popped and maybe some on jackstands, then raiding JYs and bars and W-body/GM/car related events in that order.

There is the annual GoodGuys car show here in Nashville is coming in May 11th and 12th, if there were a sizable W-body showing it would gather attention from the other classic car community. Thats an entire month earlier and several hundred miles south of most meet up members. But how about the idea of crashing an already planned classic car show to maybe get the W-body name out there some? 

My inquiries to Steele are a separate issue and deserves a separate thread, if I get a response.

I would really love to make it out to a meet, although my chances of owning another W by then are somewhat slim. I'm game for pretty much any location, and just need a date. 

I'm afraid with the news I received today from the neurologist about my wife I'll be unlikely to go anywhere this summer.

I'm sorry to read this. I hope everything gets sorted out buddy. 

If the location is still up in the air it would really depend on what everyone wanted to do. I`m all in for hanging out in a parking lot around a cooler and grill with hoods popped and maybe some on jackstands, then raiding JYs and bars and W-body/GM/car related events in that order.

There is the annual GoodGuys car show here in Nashville is coming in May 11th and 12th, if there were a sizable W-body showing it would gather attention from the other classic car community. Thats an entire month earlier and several hundred miles south of most meet up members. But how about the idea of crashing an already planned classic car show to maybe get the W-body name out there some? 

My inquiries to Steele are a separate issue and deserves a separate thread, if I get a response.

I'd meet you in Nashville for the GoodGuys in May.  Were you planning on going regardless?

We have 3, maybe 4 people coming from Toledo, 3 or 4 coming from Pittsburgh, 2 from Canada, 1 from Buffalo, 1 from Flint, possibly 1 from Columbus. So Eastern Ohio is going to be the center for the main group that comes yearly. As for a date, I would prefer any weekend excluding June 2-3 due to the ZZP meet. I do not want to integrate our meet with the 3800 group again. I can set this meet up if it ends up being in Toledo, but I will not be able to set it up if its anywhere else. Ive set up multiple meets and can try to help anyone who takes over the reigns. It would be great to see you all again.

Okay, so June 2-3 might conflict with the ZZP meet and we might have members that want to attend that.  So that leaves 9-10, 16-17, 23-24, and 30-1.  If the weekend hasn't been decided yet, can we do either 9-10 or 16-17?  I'm trying to get to Atlanta for 23-24, but will still attend our meet if it falls on 23-24.  

I texted some with Go4DaMo today and we discussed possible locations down his way which would be closer to the Eastern Ohio region.

He's going to think about the motel situation there and if there's a suitable location I can make contact and see what kind of deal we could get.

Toledo was cool but it would be really cool to get in that central location and a bit more south in hopes of luring some of the guys a little further down south.

It doesn't hurt to look at all our options. I wouldn't mind going to Toledo, I need a tail light I saw at KRAP.

I texted some with Go4DaMo today and we discussed possible locations down his way which would be closer to the Eastern Ohio region.

He's going to think about the motel situation there and if there's a suitable location I can make contact and see what kind of deal we could get.

Toledo was cool but it would be really cool to get in that central location and a bit more south in hopes of luring some of the guys a little further down south.

It doesn't hurt to look at all our options. I wouldn't mind going to Toledo, I need a tail light I saw at KRAP.

Yeah, I'm open to those locations.  I'm pretty much expecting a very long drive anyway.