UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Imp558

2018 June W-Body Meet Planning thread

I just missed out on meeting up with another member because of family drama, hell we ought to have a meetup in Nashville or maybe a central location in middle KT for us southern boys. I could easily make it out to Memphis or Knoxville on a weekend as well and had thought about visiting some JYs there anyways if they had a decent Cutlass coupe or Vert.

I just missed out on meeting up with another member because of family drama, hell we ought to have a meetup in Nashville or maybe a central location in middle KT for us southern boys. I could easily make it out to Memphis or Knoxville on a weekend as well and had thought about visiting some JYs there anyways if they had a decent Cutlass coupe or Vert.

My step daughter will be attending UT Knoxville in the fall, so I'll probably be making several trips there over the next four years.  I'll be headed to Nashville in the Spring so maybe we can meet up then.

I wouldn't mind seeing North Memphis.

My step daughter will be attending UT Knoxville in the fall, so I'll probably be making several trips there over the next four years.  I'll be headed to Nashville in the Spring so maybe we can meet up then.

I live about 5 miles from UT. We’re close enough that on football days, we can hear the fireworks when they score a touchdown, if the wind blows right.

Just say when, I'm usually off on the weekends. 

I wouldn't mind seeing North Memphis.

The BBQ and street gangs are both notorious. I would murder some pulled pork right about now. 

Edited by rich_e777

IDK about everyone else but that might narrow down the location to Knoxville, TN.

I’m truly humbled someone would suggest that...but would hate everyone going to all that trouble, and maybe due to circumstances not being able to participate. Did that make sense?

I’m truly humbled someone would suggest that...but would hate everyone going to all that trouble, and maybe due to circumstances not being able to participate. Did that make sense?

Yup situational  thing. May not be the right day when the time comes... That's more or less why I've never been able to go to a meet. I've always wanted to but usually something happens where my money isn't right by june. 

I could probably make Knoxville or the Akron / Canton area. Anything farther and I'm out of reach. 8 hour drive per day is kinda my limit. I also have nothing against anyone driving a car they love to the meet but I'd love to see some of these cool W-body cars rather than a Camaro or Vette, but that is personal choice. Drive what you love. I know I will be...if this happens...and I can get the time off. :dance:  :cool:

Would it be dumb to throw the Cutlass on a trailer and just display it on the trailer at the meet?  Be honest, it won't hurt my feelings.  I don't think I can get it running with the 87 GMC project going hard at the same time.

I haven't been to any JYs in Nashville but would like to go.  If I ever go there, it's usually to do non-car related stuff, although the guy who did my burl wood interior parts lives there.  I did go visit him once to check out his operation.

Would it be dumb to throw the Cutlass on a trailer and just display it on the trailer at the meet? Be honest, it won't hurt my feelings. I don't think I can get it running with the 87 GMC project going hard at the same time.

I'd have to trailer my CSC.

Why don't you bring a truck and swing up to Erie first?

As in tow the buick? I just would rather be in a fast convertible in the summer if I could help it  :biggrin:. The buick would make the drive fine.

Edited by vipmiller803

As in tow the buick? I just would rather be in a fast convertible in the summer if I could help it :biggrin:. The buick would make the drive fine.

Ahh, no, I was implying pick up the S1 that's coming out of mine so you have it for yours. On that note .. there will be a sizeable pile of Gen1 Regal sedan parts that could potentially come with me if I knew they weren't just coming back home. Any of you guys needing Regal Sedan specific stuff coming to the meet?

That's... not a terrible plan. Mine has had funky noises for so long I wonder how long it will be before it decides to consume itself. Besides the electrical, are you looking at any problems engine wise?

Ahh, no, I was implying pick up the S1 that's coming out of mine so you have it for yours. On that note .. there will be a sizeable pile of Gen1 Regal sedan parts that could potentially come with me if I knew they weren't just coming back home. Any of you guys needing Regal Sedan specific stuff coming to the meet?