UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Imp558

2018 June W-Body Meet Planning thread

Last year we decided against having a dedicated W-Body.com meet in the summer and merged with the 3800 Gathering in Detroit.

It was worth doing, we had a good time and pulled a bunch of trophies out of there but summer isn't that far off so we should have some loose plans pretty soon here so we aren't rushing around at the last minute.

The meet last year was nice in that we didn't really have to plan everything and we got to see some new people and cars but that's about it in my opinion.

We paid for our convenience by not being together as a group and not having any activities, also it seemed we were missing some people from further south due to the location but I may be wrong.

We should put some thought into the location and dates for this year's meet as well as wether we want to merge again (providing there even IS a 3800 Gathering 2018).

There's rumors but nothing finite regarding 3800 Gathering 2018.

IF we host our own meet I personally would like to look more closely at the Akron / Canton area. It's a little more centrally located so we could try to accommodate members from a little further south and there are 2 Pull-A-Part yards within easy reach as well as a third up the way in Cleveland.

There's also some rural areas in that region so we may be able to find a small, privately owned motel and overtake the whole damn thing so nobody complains about the noise.

Who has thoughts?

I enjoy going to a yard with everyone. It's always fun parading the cars around as well. We should get some Wbody flags for the pace car that leads the group. So people can look out for broken down cars.

Edited by 94 olds vert

I've never been to one of the meets, but I told myself that I was going to make it if we had one this year.  My wife is a planner, so the sooner the dates are locked in the better.  I'm not sure where everyone is in relation to Akron, but it's about an 11 hour drive for me :-0

I've never been to one of the meets, but I told myself that I was going to make it if we had one this year.  My wife is a planner, so the sooner the dates are locked in the better.  I'm not sure where everyone is in relation to Akron, but it's about an 11 hour drive for me :-0

Toledo would add another couple hours or so to that. This is why I said maybe we could try something a bit more south to help some southern members this time. And ... our choice of 3 Pull-A-Parts for Saturday!

'Well i just so happen to be in neighborhood jkjk Everyone excited? Get them dates off work.... June 2nd 2018 Yeah enough people pushed we will see how it goes'

This was just posted by Darryl Hanscom on the Facebook page for 3800s.

Edited by 94 olds vert

I`m good either having just a Wbody.com meetup or a merger. My focus is just getting there this year.

I'm probably in.  Are pants optional??

You can dance if you want to, dont leave your pants behind

Cuz if you do that dance, without your pants, then your no friend of mine. :dance:

Hopefully some more people check in and we can start figuring out a location.

Toledo was cool and I'll always have a place in my heart for KRAP but I think a little further south could make a difference for some members and a smaller roadside motel may be a bit more comfortable for the noise levels.

That area is pretty close to me, a couple hours so if we want to shoot for something there I wouldn't be against taking a ride out and scouting - talking to motel managers - ect.

With 2 PAPs there and me feverishly assembling a car at the last minute before racing season I'm bound to go that way anyway so maybe I'll make an overnighter of it and stay a weekend in Canton/Akron area.

I can't make it out of town that Saturday (June 3rd). The Detroit grand prix is that weekend and I will be there basically all weekend. If we make it within a few hours drive I'll do my best to get there for a night.