Retrofits

supergt

The only benefit to proper HID projectors is the cutoff line to help keep the light from the eyes of incoming traffic and to focus even more light energy into a pattern on the roadway. I literally proved a good HID install with proper wiring upgrades even in stock housings totally destroys halogens in a thread last year with my light meter. The numbers are indisputable. Proper housings are a benefit in controlling the light pattern but even a wild pattern HID 35 W install produces more light, and over a greater distance than halogen with a focused pattern.

The only benefit to proper HID projectors is the cutoff line to help keep the light from the eyes of incoming traffic and to focus even more light energy into a pattern on the roadway. I literally proved a good HID install with proper wiring upgrades even in stock housings totally destroys halogens in a thread last year with my light meter. The numbers are indisputable. Proper housings are a benefit in controlling the light pattern but even a wild pattern HID 35 W install produces more light, and over a greater distance than halogen with a focused pattern.

Agreed. The light output is pretty intense. I might be wrong on this but I've heard it's illegal to run hids without projectors in some states for that reason. Without the cutoff, it's worse than driving around with your brights on. Reason the spyder projectors stink is because whoever made the projectors was really shoddy. There was a video I found where someone opened one up, and there were fingerprints, smudges, and the surface wasn't even shiny and had globs of extra plastic.

Aaaaannnnddd that's why you use the kits.... or ya know, use a metric crap ton of jb weld. Lol

.............. and half of a football? Who the hell thinks like that?

.............. and half of a football? Who the hell thinks like that?

Lol either a very desperate person, or a redneck! With modern retrofit kits, there's really no need for this either. Sure, you can grab some oem projectors out of the junkyard and hack them up to make it fit, but what's the point if they work the same and are a headache to try to aim?