Wheel spacers

rich_e777

Seemed like an easy question to ask in the Whatever but then its lost to the search engines.

I'm looking for a 4pc set of wheel spacers for my 1994 CS coupe to fit some 2nd gen GTP rims better. Right now I have some cheap off the shelf universal spacers that fit but since they are slotted they offset easy when installing the wheel. Does anyone happen to know where I can get some spacers that fit our hub bearings properly?

I put 1.25" spacers on my GTP.  They were hubcentric.  Need to make sure the seller gives you the Hub diameter 70.3MM to be sure they'll fit correctly.  Also need to specify lugs are 115mm not 114.3 there is a difference there for sure. I got mine off ebay out of the states.  They work very well.   

search:  4pc 1.25" (32mm) HUBCENTRIC 5x115 to 5x115 Wheel Spacers w/ Lip - 70.3 - 12x1.5

The listing is still there. change the depth to whatever you want though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I run some spacers I had turned down from old rotors, work out to about 1/4" and I run some bolt on 1" ones in the back.

Just spend the money on good ones though. Its a lot of faith in a machined chunk of aluminum

• Like 2

Definitely, thanks to the links I`ll be ordering some come payday. I really only need them on the front but then the rear wheels would look funny so Im planning to space them just a bit more. Without any spacers front 2nd gen wheels will rub the 1st gen calipers.

Without any spacers front 2nd gen wheels will rub the 1st gen calipers.

I thought it was the other way around, first gen wheels rubbing on second gen calipers? I don't know what to run for wheels now.

I've got 92-99 Bonneville X-Laces on the Regal, needed spacers. Have 1/2 inch spacers in the rear and 10mm(I think) in the front. I put longer 12x1.5 studs in the front so the lugs had more threads.

I thought it was the other way around, first gen wheels rubbing on second gen calipers? I don't know what to run for wheels now.

The Cutlass sawblades worked fine on the GTP, just looked weird. Grind it till it fits?

I had always thought the 225 size wheels fit 1st gens too and was surprised at the noise. But you also have a different engine/trans too so it might be different. You could always try and spin them with the car up on stands first. If I did it would have been obvious they would rub. 

• 6 months later...

Oh yeah, Imp...1st Gen wheels bolt up to 2nd gens and have less positive offset creating a wider stance...its bitchin! An exception to the rule would be 1.5gen 16x6.5 alloys actually have less offset than 1st gen 16x6.5s and stick out a delightful smidge when bolted to a 1st gen. I had 1.5g Lumina LS alloys on my 90 base coupe and always liked the stance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I run some spacers I had turned down from old rotors, work out to about 1/4" and I run some bolt on 1" ones in the back.

Just spend the money on good ones though. Its a lot of faith in a machined chunk of aluminum
Nunzi, will my quarters cut my tires if I do this on my post-91 weaker mono-leaf with x-laces and 245/50s?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk