Cutlass front turn signal/corner lamp removal.

jiggity76

I need to replace these lenses and wanted to know if I need to pull the headlamps out first.  I remember that I had some problems last year at a junkyard pulling them and not quite sure how to do it.  Any tips would be great!

On the mini quad design IIRC you might have to pull the black shroud and its just a single 7mm or 8mm bolt. Should be similar with the setup you have in your avatar.

Never thought of that!  I for the life of me couldn't get the one out of a 89 SL car in a junkyard.  I thought about practicing and pulling the ones out of my parts car, there bad too but at least I can see how they come out and not worry about busting anything.

My CS is easy. It's one small bolt and it's out.

I don't know what was up with that car in the junkyard, made me mad that I couldn't get it out.  I think that they have some plastic molded tabs that slide into the fender and sort of lock into it and then bolt down but not sure.

If I recall there is a tab that slides into the fender. It's best not to break

that.

I found this picture that shows one mounting tab.

attachicon.gif s-l225.jpg

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.  I really struggled trying to work it out of the fender on that junkyard car.  It was loose but just couldn't free it.  That's a sedan one you have pictured by the way and they are different/longer that the coupes.  I've made that mistake before that's why I know!

• Like 2