New To Me: 92 Cutlass Convertible

KCKKen

Hi there!

I just purchased a 1992 Cutlass Supreme convertible about a week ago -- I wasn't going to buy it, as I needed a car to be a daily driver but this one was too good to pass up.  125K on the odometer, rides like a dream, and in pretty good shape!

I hope I can be as gentle to it as possible.  It needs a couple of little things: the windshield is cracked and the radio isn't up to snuff, but for what I paid I think I have a pretty good little ride.  I literally was without any reliable transportation when I bought it; we're in better shape now (Isuzu SUV back on the road) so hopefully I'll save it from the worst of winter driving.

Once I set my "wish list" of things to do to it (all the small projects) I'm sure I'll tap into the knowledge base here to help me along.  This is the third Cutlass convertible I've owned, the other two were 1968 models -- the next 1968 I buy will definitely be the keeper.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Take Care,
Ken Snyder

Kansas City, Kansas

post-10921-0-16979600-1517626396_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words!  I found so much valuable information in the glove box (original owner information, sales receipt, warranty paperwork) I want to try and keep it as original as possible.  Once I have a couple of other projects wrapped up I'll try to keep it as sheltered as I can -- you can see the wear and tear a 26-year-old car will have, but it is minimal and compared to other vehicles of a similar age I think it's in pretty good shape.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as I learn more about it, thanks in advance for all the advice.

Take Care,
KS

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've owned several convertibles over the years and they do need TLC but the open-top experience is unique in the motoring world. Many love the open feel of a motorcycle, and I've had those too, but I'll take the ragtop any day. Welcome to the board! This is a great bunch that will reach and help you with any problem you have. There is a wealth of knowledge to be tapped here so don't hold back...no such thing as dumb question! Chances are 3 other owners here have already fixed what you just had go wrong. Sharp looking ride (love those things)

• Like 1