New guy here. 2004 grand prix

Jblaza

Back in the early 2000's and my early twenties, I bought a 91 Nissan maxima. It was all I could afford, and I settled for it, but turns out it was one of the best cars I ever owned. And up until recently, I wished I had it back. In November I got tired of paying to much for Focus ST. It was sporty, but riddled with issues and recalls. Not to mention way small. I pulled together my cash at hand and bought a Grand Prix. I wanted a Monte Carlo SS, but I have 2 daughters, so sedan it was for me. To my astonishment, I'm in love with this car. It fits my big ass, it's a base model, but when I drop the hammer to pass on the highway, she listens and gets it. I feel like I want to grow old and be buried in this car. I want to turn tricks so that I can make her handle better than a Porsche, float like a Cadillac, and make the cabin feel like a vacuum from no road noise. So, hello. My name is Jason, and I'm a wbody-a-holic.

• Like 4

I did pretty much the same thing, pulled 3 kids onto a used car lot in a Radio Flyer wagon and bought a cheap 4 door. Fell head over heals in love with my first W-Body in a few weeks.

There's lots of mods and updates you can find info on here. Also there's a section where you can do a thread on your car to keep everything in real time chronological order.

Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I beat apart 3 90's maximas as a young lad just getting a license i loved them. Although the 4DSC's were nice, and I often compare this 04' GT2 to them while I drive it. I just picked it up a few months ago and it to has me head over heals in that short time. Ride quality is sporty for what it is, like you said its peace and quiet inside and the 3.8 is pretty reaponsive, this jittny gits it.. Good luck with yours friend I hope to see you around here. Im new here too