GP SLP Spoiler

KnightOwl

To anyone who has this spoiler...I assume it uses the factory decklid holes, but does it cover the same area the factory piece does? I know the SD Wing leaves an inch or so exposed of the unpainted trunk lid. Is there any area left to be painted after installing the SLP? And is there any real difference between the SLP unit sold by 3800 performance and the one sold by DAR?

Depends on which version of the SLP spoiler you are referring to.  The Gen 1 covers more of the trunk compared to the Gen 2 which does not.  The gen 2 resembles the special edition/daytona spoiler.  I had to slightly enlarge the holes on the trunk lid to get the holes lined up with the spoiler. 

SLP spoiler and scoops came yesterday. When the Escape comes out of the shop I'll see about getting these pieces paint matched. Still trying to decide on the single cowl type scoop or the twin front facing. Gotta lay them out and eyeball the results on my next day off.

• 5 weeks later...

Installed SLP spoiler today, also the decklid decal, and the LED tails I put on last week.

IMG_5972-M.jpg

I love the look but I must admit the pre-drilled holes were off quite a bit. 3M tape to the rescue. I've had very good luck with it in the past.

IMG_5971-M.jpg

I also decided on the reverse scoop and I like the understated appearance, very similar to the stock hood vents on the 40th car

IMG_5970-M.jpg

The last image is a chop to play with reflective white as a decal color

RavenHoodWhite-M.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am not a fan of the stick on hood scoops, but I think you made the right choice in reversing it. Gives it the Trans Am 6.6L look and I quite like it on your car. Well done

• 4 weeks later...

Now for the rear spoiler redux....

Does anyone know offhand what size the holes in the rear deck are? Since the screws provided with the SLP spoiler are just sheet metal type with no inserts in the fiberglass, I think they may be the culprit in my trunk leaking water. I think I'm going with simply plugging the holes with rubber stoppers and re-installing the spoiler with 3M tape. I'll need to order the rubber plugs/stoppers or just use a carriage head bolt with some rubber washers but that will be too thick I'm afraid.