Normal Fuel pressure for 2002 3800 series 2 gp?

wstefan20

Well, as some of you know, I'm dealing with strange fuel trims that are now going slightly negative ltft under acceleration. I know usually negative fuel trims can be fuel related so I was surprised to see these readings as they look high to me, but they might be normal

key on engine off: 60psi

running: 60psi

vacuum removed from fpr: 70psi

And no, there is no fuel coming from fpr and it is brand new. No leaks in the system and injectors have been cleaned and flow-matched at a facility so they shouldn't be to blame, plus there's no misfires at all. Just curious if this is normal

FSM states that fuel pressure should be 48-54 PSI while the fuel pump is running.

How "strange" of trims are you talking?

Around +5 at idle or when foot is off gas and -6 when even slightly accelerating. Strange thing is stft are pretty stable as far as I can tell.

For the fuel pressure, I heard rumor that there were different pressures for different years? I'm guessing that's because they switched injectors? Not sure if that matters...

Stock other than 20 thou overbore, L26 intake swap, headers, catback, cai, port matched tb, and minor cosmetic stuff, but I don't think any of that would affect it. I'm probably just being paranoid at this point, but the high fuel pressure is concerning to me...