Yet another GPF guy

PurpleGuy

I see quite a few of you guys here, hai. Some of you know me. I have the purple car. Used to be slammed, now on stock crappy worn out suspension.

post-10878-0-89569400-1514146353_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Welcome! I've always wanted a purple '97 for some reason.

That's part of the reason I got the car, I loved the purple lol. And at the time when I bought the car I was 16 and thought a supercharged 3800 was like the coolest thing haha. Still have the car 7 1/2 years later.

Welcome! Wow that's a rare color.

Yes it is, 2199 in 97. Not sure how many were GTP's. Never was able to figure that out on Compnine.

That I don't know, didn't see that name in the member list.

No, the color is "Purple People Eater" I believe. There's an old thread mentioning a guy who built one somewhere

Welcome to the forum

That's a sharp car! Now it needs adjustable coilovers

Thank you, it's seen better days. SD/IA winters are harsh on rockers. It was on a set of homeade adjustable coilovers in that pic. It's stock height now. I had a full set of Bilsteins I was going to run but plans changed(rust taking its tole lol)

No, the color is "Purple People Eater" I believe. There's an old thread mentioning a guy who built one somewhere

Ohhh okay.  I gotcha

Negative. It is Medium Purple Metallic. 

Not sure if that's directed toward me but mine is definitely Dark Mulberry. Paint code is U326D.

Hey purpleguy did you sell the turbo kit before gpf took a dump?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nope, I still have it. Trying to decide if I want to keep it and still turbo the car or just keep trying to sell it and be done with it.

Welcome.

Hey there, I remember your SN from GPF.

Haha you said this same crap on GPF. Maybe you're right. Maybe I should just bandaid the rockers the best I can and cage it and say screw it. What about those towers though?

haha, towers........2x4 block it? The odds of selling the turbo kit right now is very slim why not just use it for a few years and drive with a boner. Then when you can finally see daylight through places in the car crush it.

Not sure if that's directed toward me but mine is definitely Dark Mulberry. Paint code is U326D.

It was in response to Imp558, but according to GM's literature it's Medium Purple Metallic. Do the window stickers say something different?

mpm.png

I’m not sure what a window sticker would say. All I know is if I get paint under the factory paint code it comes up as Dark Mulberry wether it’s PPG/Omni

I’m not sure what a window sticker would say. All I know is if I get paint under the factory paint code it comes up as Dark Mulberry wether it’s PPG/Omni

Might be worth posting the paint code. 

GM has a weird habit of using the same paint codes for different paint names. 

GAR is one of GM's recent code for the color black yet it's been marketed as "black ice", "black granite", or "carbon flash"... according to paintref.com anyways