Drivers side window

W30olds

Having issues with my drivers side window. It acts like the motor is acting up. It will move aboUt an inch then quit. After a few moments it will do the same. Figured the motor is shot. It's original. Pretty sure the regulator is good. Anyway has anyone changed their window motor? I still see them for sale. Not having much luck on the regulator if I need one. Any help would be appreciated. BTW it's a 2 door. The switch is fine. Pretty sure it's the motor over heating and crapping out. Been doing it for a month and it sucks when it rolls down and decides to quit and not want to roll back up. Aggrivating

• 4 weeks later...

Good news for me. I was able to get my drivers window fixed. Turned out to be the motor. Found a GM replacement and gave my mechanic buddy a 12 pack of beer to fix it. Works like brand new. It was the orginal freakin motor from 1995! I guess they build better quality stuff back then? Lol

I've never seen a GM that a window motor or regulator didnt fail...at least once. On a hi-jack your thread note...big Pens fan?

My 2000 GTP I use to own I put regulators and a motor in two times. Always the drivers side on that car. I believe when my parents owned the car my dad said the regulator had to be replaced. I'm shocked the motor was original. Yes I'm a huge Pens fan which is weird maybe because I'm from Georgia. Been a fan since Jagr and Mario Lemieux won back to back cups in the 90's! When we had the Atlanta Thrashers here I was lucky to watch both play here in Atlanta and it was awesome!

Glad you got it fixed! Where did you get the motor?

Thanks man! Rock Auto website is where I got the motor. Works great finally. Been broken for awhile now and it's great to have it working again.