Buyers remorse?

KnightOwl

2001 GP GT

IMG_1197%20wllppr-M.jpg

2002 GP GT

IMG_E5838-M.jpg

I wont be getting a WS6 TA, too pricey for nice ones and I dont fit in them. Too uncomfortable, thats how I wound up with the first GP. I wont be buying a Camaro. Never liked them, still dont. (Dont get me wrong, they're cool cars, just never got in my blood)

The G8 is nice but their value is holding well and again, too pricey for a 2nd car budget that doesnt have sky high miles. I like the W-body cars for their roomy comfort and practical side. I recently sold the last in a long line of convertibles due to their singular purpose nature, i.e. very little back seat room and limited trunk space.

My grandaughter is 6 and growing fast and I'm not sawing her legs off for some useless back-seat-less coupe. I like the Charger okay, but after my experience with the 2005 Magnum I'm not so impressed with that platform. Its got one of the most complex and troublesome front suspensions I've ever seen. If I got a LS4 car, I'm not interested in modding the devil out of it. 300 ponies is plenty for fun and I love the V8 sound, both on the intake side (N/A) and out back. The wife isnt at all happy with the car merry-go-round of buying /selling, so I may just sell off both and let the dust settle.

If that's what you hated about the Charger/Magnum...prepare to hate more with the LS4.  It has it's plethora of issues, too.  Whether you race it or not.

I like the Charger okay, but after my experience with the 2005 Magnum I'm not so impressed with that platform. Its got one of the most complex and troublesome front suspensions I've ever seen. If I got a LS4 car, I'm not interested in modding the devil out of it. 300 ponies is plenty for fun and I love the V8 sound, both on the intake side (N/A) and out back. The wife isnt at all happy with the car merry-go-round of buying /selling, so I may just sell off both and let the dust settle.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Be very happy you didn't get the N*. Although I highly doubt you can make a 3800 sound any better than it does stock. I've heard a lot of em and they never sound "good". Just meh.

But if you do want to mod, GP is a safe bet. It's fairly inexpensive compared to other cars. A proper topswap will leave you with a smile, especially once that supercharger whines. I've had my GP for 10 years and I'll miss it once I've done parting it out.

Odi, that dancing banana/Arrowhead emoji in your sig is stomp down great!

Lucky for me, I think I'm past the remorse stage, especially after some surprisingly encouraging words from my bride, telling me to make the car a showpiece if that's what I wanted. She pointed out I went through a lot of hoops to get it, and she is right. The other thing is simply coming to grips with the fact I was quite happy with both the 3800 cars I had in the past, so why not this one? I still may get brave enough to try a top swap one day, but in the meantime I'm just going to do a few mods, make it look nice, and drive it for the fun. On a more krazy karma note, after my wife told me to "make this car my own" I realized it was made the same year we got married...so maybe this one will grow old with me. On our 20th anniversary, I'd like to take honeymoon trip with this car...that would be cool.