#GTP4Life

chi2000gtp

What uppp!! I was lost, but now am found. Haha. Hello to everyone. Hats off to all the old-timers and current forum memebers. First NOOB post on here. I'm Luke, and I drive a GTP...blah blah blah. Man. Glad to see all you GPF'rs. Scotty, Hurtz, Cheatah, Wstefan, TheGuz, who else?? I forgot that I had a login for this site. Thanks for the email Cheatah!! You da man, man. I must have created a login when researching stuff. Probably double checking whatever Scotty told me... lol. Nahh. Would never do that. ItHurtz, I'll never forget those fuel injectors you sold me... man good times. Lol.

Glad to be back with all you W-body Grand Prix feinds. Feind #1 ova here. Since GPF went down, I went astray and joined The Chicago Garage forum. I reposted my 200+ photos and did a Cliffs Notes narration. Got a good amount of positive feedback. Some 3800 love over there. Not a bad forum... But a dedicated 3800 community is where it's at.

I will create a new "Luke's GTP (Part Deux)" over here in the members ride section. Repost photos and narration so I can get some respect. Lol. Looking forward to this place.

• Like 3

Hey Scotty. Hope all is well with ya. Got yourself a Tahoe, ey?

sure did, as many GPF's already knew i 've been looking for months. finally got one that was buy able.  most had bad tranny fluid, high miles, bald tires and were beat up more then i  liked.  

this ones a 05 with 120,000 on it and only two small dents. needs some rocker repair, but im gonna dive in and do it my self down the road. 

found the washer tank has a leak, so that needs to be fixed, it needs brakes super bad, ( r1's will be here Wednesday) either warped rotors or they got lot rot from sitting, and ill likely replace the shocks to replace the lame ass air ride BS and its gonna need a new seat cover. and it needs a good round with the old buffer. 

damn thing is fully loaded too. dont think its missing any options but a remote start, and i dont think that was and option lol didnt see a thing about one in the manual. was hoping.

it also looks to never had a tune up, so those parts are on order too, be here by friday. and its rear exhaust manifold bolt is missing, or the head popped off it, common gm bs, so ill stud them down the road as well. 

tahoe needs a turbo too scotty dont be lame!

I saw your post on chicago garage luke, you take it to the fox river grove guy? I am on CG too just never have posted anything, I mainly just read and post in the chat when tyler says something lol.

sure did, as many GPF's already knew i 've been looking for months. finally got one that was buy able.  most had bad tranny fluid, high miles, bald tires and were beat up more then i  liked.  

this ones a 05 with 120,000 on it and only two small dents. needs some rocker repair, but im gonna dive in and do it my self down the road. 

Nice man. Nothing better than fully loaded. I'm sure you'll have it running tip top. I knew you were kinda looking for a newer ride. I remember you talking about maybe getting a Monte... A 4x4 Tahoe makes sense especially in the snow. I hope this doesn't signal the end of the GS...

I saw your post on chicago garage luke, you take it to the fox river grove guy? I am on CG too just never have posted anything, I mainly just read and post in the chat when tyler says something lol.

Yup. Drove it to that guy on the Fox River who's contact info you gave me. The GTP has been with him for like 1.5 months. He hasn't done too much though. He's finishing up building a 3 car garage so he can do his work inside there. When I dropped it off I saw it being built. Once that's done he promised to get to work on it hot and heavy. I haven't been pushing him either cuz it's just such a busy and expensive time of year. Even if he got her done today, I wouldn't have time to mess with anything.

I will have to catch everyone else up on what's been going on with my GTP. Lots of pics and stuff to share. It's undergoing a massive rebuild and currently is with a welder who is fixing the cancer. That includes the rockers, dog legs, and most importantly, the rear strut towers. 

• Like 2

. I haven't been pushing him either cuz it's just such a busy and expensive time of year. Even if he got her done today, I wouldn't have time to mess with anything.

All in it's own time.....

Definitely gonna need to get it painted. Probably come tax time. Maybe he will give me a volume discount, lol. After investing such much to make it run good, I can't have it looking like shyt.