Cant decide....

KnightOwl

I found these wheels on eBay and can't decide if they would look beautiful on the white car or just a bit too blingy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18x8-0-White-Wheels-Rims-5x100-5x114-3-5-Stars-Mustang-Accord-Gs300-Rx350-Rx-7/222693126953?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I've seen similar custom cars with color coordinated accents that looked sharp. One thing is for sure...they'll probably be a PITA to keep clean! LOL

I love the 3 piece look. The spokes to the edge are popular now though it doesn't appeal to me personally. The white is cool in theory but it may be the wrong shade and look cheesy once they are on the car, but I'm with him on the multi lug thing most of all. I wouldn't do it between the lugs and possibility of shade difference.

I honestly didn't think about the shade of white being different...duh! Especially given that I'd like to upgrade the car to the GM White-Gold Tri-Coat color in the future and that would certainly clash. I'll just stick with the polished/chrome look, and yes, I also am not a fan of the whole flush face/matte finish/blackout trend. The three piece look is cool as long as there is a lip or polished dish to the wheel design.

I'll check out Next Level Motoring for some possibilities on XXR wheels.

I like lipped wheels like that, but the dual bolt thing and the color offput me. I can see why you would like them though, the spoke design isn't bad but it would have been nicer if the center cap hid the bolt holes. 

This is a new XXR design available early 2018...and worth the wait I'm thinking! I am diggin' the polished rim with graphite spokes. I think this will pop on the white car!  :thumbsup: 18x8.5 +35

XXR565-L.jpg

• Like 1

The fake rivets ruin it for me, otherwise they look good

Most aftermarket wheels have fake rivets. I hate it honestly.

121006_MilanniBladea1-512x384.jpg

I've always wanted this kind of wheel spoke, but it's hard to find them without the stupid rivets.

If they weren't so expensive, I'd just get the original version of that wheel.

38b95cu-960.jpg

Brabus Monoblock II

That and the Lorinser D93 have been the 2 wheel designs I've wanted to find.

Mercedes%20C-Klasse%20W203%20with%20%20L

Makes me wonder if a decal shop could make a round with white background Pontiac arrowhead sticker?

I've got a great source for that Idea......http://www.eu-decals.com/

I've gotten a huge number of custom decals from this guy and his quality is top notch. He can produce acrylic domed decals from almost any high quality jpeg image. I whip up designs on the pc at home and does his thing. The turnaround time is long since he is in Athens Greece, but that also means he doesn't fall under all the crazy copyright issues over GM trademarks. I'm currently working on a decal design for the GP anyway.

The fake rivets ruin it for me, otherwise they look good

I agree the wheel would have a cleaner appearance without the rivets, but I don't mind them. The only down side I've had in the past with them is they can rust quickly if the plating quality isn't good.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just cannot deal with the whole trend of flat-faced, no dish wheels. Not to mention the matte finish, black-out look. In my youth if you had crappy looking or pitted ugly wheels you shot them flat black because it was the cheap fix. Chrome was THE trend at that time but the high end rods and customs wore billet aluminum. The modern machined/ polished finish wheels are more my speed, and its gotta have a shiny lip no matter the spoke style.