Another grand prix forums former member

wstefan20

Welp. As most everyone knows by now, unless some miracle occurs, the grandprixforums.net will be closing on the 12th, so I'm nomadically roming the web for a new home. Hopefully this will be a more permanent one.

Unfortunately for me, I am young, so I never had the chance to own a w-body until now. I was looking for a cheap project and stumbled upon a 2002 pontiac grand prix with 1 owner that was in fairly good shape other than accident damage on the driver's side door and fender, and the engine wouldn't start. 

I'm sure I'll post the whole story later about what happened, but a short summary is that the engine threw a rod, I decided to rebuild a junkyard engine, got it running, transmission crapped out 100 miles later, rebuilt that myself, and have been fixing various things and upgrading as I go. I'm always fixing stuff so hopefully I can add some relevant experience.

I'll try to transfer over all my how to's shortly! Oh, and Hi to any former grand prix forum members!

• Like 3

Welcome! As stated this isn't a fast paced forum but it's a very close group. It would be great to see some pics and maybe a member's ride thread. We use the "Whatever" thread as sort of a "wall" with just day to day stuff if you'd like to joi in..

Welcome! Everyone else has pretty much said it all. Not very fast paced here but we are all a pretty close knit group. We’d love to see some pics of the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Why I still the grandprix forum closing? I just found that place yesterday lol

Because the forum's creator tragically died of a brain tumor back in 2015 and unfortunately for us, his family didn't care about the forum like he did so it's been on a slow decline. There was no warning really which stinks. I loved that forum. Hoping this one lasts a bit longer!  :biggrin:

Yeah, it's been known on gpf for at least six months. We actually got a lot more notice than normal. There was rumor that it would be renewed but it hasn't been as of this morning. When I go to view it now, all it says is something about an update. Maybe they are working on doing a changeover or back up, but I've learned not to hold my breath on that kind of stuff. Glad I grabbed Brandons trans rebuild thread a month ago, that will be a life saver when I do mine eventually.

Devil's Own had told us that the domain for GPF was paid up thru 2019.  Someone found the domain actually expires the 12th of this month.  We had asked them multiple times for help or to let someone else take it over but that wasn't apparently happening.

Anywho; I was trying to get a bunch of stuff saved this weekend.  So much for that :( 

At least the Safely Modding thread was copied before hand, lol

• Like 1

I'm more than a little annoyed that they've turned away countless hands that are offering help.

I sent a final Hail Mary e-mail yesterday afternoon offering for us (as in the W-body.com admin team) to assume responsibility for the forum, and a few hours later the "coming soon" message appeared. So.. yeah. Guess that's the end of that.

Well I appreciate it.

I don't even want to know how much time I had wrapped up into that place.

I know my old profile prior to the February debacle I was sitting around 80k posts and six figure chat box chats (now how much of that was garbage, lol idk)

I tried numerous times to fix it; I think after Chance passed away the "care" went with him, sadly.

• Like 1

Well I appreciate it.

I don't even want to know how much time I had wrapped up into that place.

I know my old profile prior to the February debacle I was sitting around 80k posts and six figure chat box chats (now how much of that was garbage, lol idk)

I tried numerous times to fix it; I think after Chance passed away the "care" went with him, sadly.

Still trying to piece together who's who. Is this "blueguy91" on gpf by chance?

And yeah. It was a bit abrupt though. I had several people I was in the middle of transactions with too.... Oh well...

• Like 2

Yeah; blueguy91 is the "new" profile after the sh1t early in the year.

bluegtp91 was always my SN on any forum, even LS1tech.

Nice! Glad I actually know someone from the old forum here. Too bad scottydogs, fivefingerdeathpunch, and sgtmarshall isn't here. Suppose I could find scotty on his regal forum if I really wanted to, but since I don't own a regal....lol 

I lost way too many hours of how to's that I need to re-post here. I know most people don't care about it or think it's pointless, but I just finished testing my pcv re-route to install a catch can. I was stoked to post in on gpf. 

Let me know if you know where other people went.

Welcome! Everyone else has pretty much said it all. Not very fast paced here but we are all a pretty close knit group. We’d love to see some pics of the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha thanks! I'll have to post some soon. I'm a bit embarrassed by the paint at this point. When I got it the door and fender were smashed in and the only replacement I could find was black (mine's navy so it's not the worst match ever).

haha thanks! I'll have to post some soon. I'm a bit embarrassed by the paint at this point. When I got it the door and fender were smashed in and the only replacement I could find was black (mine's navy so it's not the worst match ever).

Oh neat! Mines the same color.

Nice! Glad I actually know someone from the old forum here. Too bad scottydogs, fivefingerdeathpunch, and sgtmarshall isn't here. Suppose I could find scotty on his regal forum if I really wanted to, but since I don't own a regal....lol 

I lost way too many hours of how to's that I need to re-post here. I know most people don't care about it or think it's pointless, but I just finished testing my pcv re-route to install a catch can. I was stoked to post in on gpf. 

Let me know if you know where other people went.

I'd love to have Scotty, FFDP, and the others over here. Maybe someone can point them in this direction.

You mentioned rebuilding the transmission. We don't have a write-up for that yet. If you have one it would be a killer addition.

Haha I'll have to add that to my list of "how-to's" planned! Wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it'd be, but defintitely more expensive to rebuild than say a 4L60E. I believe it cost me around $500 (course I replaced almost everything....)