Just bought an 01 regal gs, have some questions.

Billgluckman

I'll know soon. Rockauto shipped my parts from a few different locations so I'm still waiting on some stuff but the lower intake is installed. I'm hoping everything else arrives before the weekend.

Yeah I've gotta see how this plays out. I ran the engine before pulling the intake and didn't hear anything abnormal but I also didn't let it run too long. Once the oil is at operating temp it might be a different story. I may have all my parts tomorrow. I hope so.

If it’s got a spun rod bearing you’ll hear it regardless of what the temperature of the oil is. I think that’s the only real place there’s bottom end problems. Besides chipped pistons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is back together, engine still ran rough. Diagnosed 2 bad injectors, exchanged bad injectors with the bigger wrong injectors that I talked about earlier. Engine idles much better, I've ran it at least an hour now with no coolant in oil.

Also diagnosed low speed fan not working(used scan tool to command high speed on while running). Everything looks promising so far and I'm in this car at jut under $500.