Asshole car owners

W30olds

My 95 GP body was in perfect condition. No door dents, scratches. Today I'm at the shop getting the rear stabilizer bar replaced and noticed a big ass door dent in the passenger door. My heart sank. Only place it coukd have happened was at the Walmart yesterday afternoon. It wasn't there after work. Stupid bitch that parked her big ass SUV beside me slammed her door into mine. Now I've got a nasty dent in my normally dent free car. Pisses me off that people have zero respect for other people's cars and property. I purposely parked way out from the store to avoid shot like this from happening. What a good way to get dent out of doors? Is it something I can do, or is it a professional thing to have done?

When I drive my GTO my wife bitches at me for parking as far out as possible! Lol

However to date no door dents in her. So pissed that my 95 has this freaking dent.

Thanks!

Andy

Try to refrain from using ones prized possession for *getting the groceries*

A dent basically stretches the metal, there's no *easy* way to get it out without shrinking the damaged area.

My wife makes me park far out now that I finally bought a new vehicle, or when I drive her new car. We both hate those types of people and Walmart is one of those places I will walk a mile from where I park if needed when I have one of the newer ones. 

• Like 1

Just aggrivates the shit out of me when people have zero respect for other people's property. Hence the reason why I park out in left field away from the dent corrals and careless people. Never fails that some shit bird will park next to me. Never fails. Don't mind people parking next to me obviously but for crying out loud watch your damn car doors!

• Like 1

I found that parking farther out does not help. Instead I find a spot that has a light pole near it. Usually those spots are a bit wider. The advantage is a large truck or SUV wont park there since they are so long. They would stick out past the end of the lines.

In my area, Walmart and other stores will usually have a space with the yellow blocked out lines next to it that separates one side of the space quite a bit from the space next to it.  I park a little over the yellow blocked out area so that way your far away from any morons who park next to you and there's no way for them to hit your ride.

People are beyond greedy, selfish, losers now a day.

Gimmie gimmie gimmie is the only thing many if not most care about.

They drive like they are the queen of England.

They talk to people like they are their gardener.

They want everyone else to pay for everything, so they don't have to pay their share.

I have to drive back to the store if the girl gives me a dollar too much back.

I want only what I earn, nothing more, nothing less!!!!

• Like 3

What comes to my mind is while at a cruise night a few years ago, I had out my (recently sold) 79 Hurst Olds and I was guided to a grassy spot that was a bit downhill from the next car that was to arrive. And that car turned out to be a massive, huge 1973 Chevrolet 2 door Caprice. I swear those doors weigh 10,000 pounds. And lo and behold, there was about a 10 to 11 year old small girl sitting in the passengers side when the car pulled TOO CLOSE next to mine. Guess where this is going? Sure as I expected, the girl opens the door to get out and it immediately gets away from her and it wildly swings right into my................waiting straight-armed open palm. I was so far out my window waiting for that door I really should have fallen out. And what a thud that door made when it hit my open palm when I stopped it. The girl's father/driver of the car of course was not amused and immediately started ranking on not his daughter but me for potentially damaging his 500 pound door.

I told him to go S**T in his hat and get the hell out of my sight, and next time tell the daughter to wait and open the dang door for her. There was NO WAY she could have controlled that door and he knew or should have known it. An adult would have a problem controlling it. The damage that door would have done if it hit my car.

I feel for you on parking lot dings, they are caused by sneaks that have no care about the property of others.

What comes to my mind is while at a cruise night a few years ago, I had out my (recently sold) 79 Hurst Olds and I was guided to a grassy spot that was a bit downhill from the next car that was to arrive. And that car turned out to be a massive, huge 1973 Chevrolet 2 door Caprice. I swear those doors weigh 10,000 pounds. And lo and behold, there was about a 10 to 11 year old small girl sitting in the passengers side when the car pulled TOO CLOSE next to mine. Guess where this is going? Sure as I expected, the girl opens the door to get out and it immediately gets away from her and it wildly swings right into my................waiting straight-armed open palm. I was so far out my window waiting for that door I really should have fallen out. And what a thud that door made when it hit my open palm when I stopped it. The girl's father/driver of the car of course was not amused and immediately started ranking on not his daughter but me for potentially damaging his 500 pound door.

I told him to go S**T in his hat and get the hell out of my sight, and next time tell the daughter to wait and open the dang door for her. There was NO WAY she could have controlled that door and he knew or should have known it. An adult would have a problem controlling it. The damage that door would have done if it hit my car.

I feel for you on parking lot dings, they are caused by sneaks that have no care about the property of others.

Wow lucky you were there to prevent that trajety. Wife and I were sitting in her 10 month old nissan at a Texas Roadhouse one evening waiting for our table. Parked out away from the place minding our own business. Car pulls up to the parking place on the right. Some douche opens the door right into my wife's brand new car passenger door. Keep in mind were sitting in the car. I get out and go over to the other side and look. Huge dent and the dick is standing there like "what". Told him he was going to pay for the repair. He laughed and began to walk off. I told him i was going to call the police and report it. Again he told me go ahead and kept walking. I caved his door in with my boot. We moved and waited for our table.

Wow lucky you were there to prevent that trajety. Wife and I were sitting in her 10 month old nissan at a Texas Roadhouse one evening waiting for our table. Parked out away from the place minding our own business. Car pulls up to the parking place on the right. Some douche opens the door right into my wife's brand new car passenger door. Keep in mind were sitting in the car. I get out and go over to the other side and look. Huge dent and the dick is standing there like "what". Told him he was going to pay for the repair. He laughed and began to walk off. I told him i was going to call the police and report it. Again he told me go ahead and kept walking. I caved his door in with my boot. We moved and waited for our table.

In this instance, I would have called the police and reported it. He obviously did not care about his car, so the dent probably meant nothing to him. However, to me, the financial reward of getting his insurance to pay, plus the potential for a leaving the scene of an accident (I know, a stretch, but possible) for the guy would have been worth the wait. 

You can bitch all day long and twice on weekends about (and to) losers who open their doors into your car.  Maybe you end up getting shot.

It will be more effective to WALK BACK INSIDE and bitch to the management of the place that the painted stripes that define the parking places are not spaced widely enough.

Never in the history of America have there been more pickup trucks and SUVs, and never in the history of parking lots have the painted stripes been more appropriately-spaced for econoshitboxes.

It is not just the fault of the other driver.  It's also the fault of the property owner who is recklessly cramming too damn many cars into the available space.

Shurkey has a good point...but at the same time, I see an awful number of SUV owners that simply can't park, because they have no idea just how large their vehicle is.

I've run into idiots on more that one occasion...once, nearly ended up in a fistfight, when a guy got irate because I told him to kindly remove his toddler from the hood of my Galaxie.

That's ridiculous.

Part of that is on the building codes....most cities require a certain number of parking spaces, but not all of them specify what size those spaces must be.

Part of that is on the building codes....most cities require a certain number of parking spaces, but not all of them specify what size those spaces must be.

I'm not saying it doesn't contribute to the issue, but assholes gonna asshole
  • Like 1

What makes it even worse, I've seen pictures of your Hurst/Olds...I doubt brand-new ones were as nice as yours was after you'd finished it.

Yes indeed and therein lies the big picture. There was no one I'd have trusted to repair that car should something like that have happened, and the guy who restored it lives 300 miles away if he even wanted to tackle something like that. You've hit on another issue/reason why I sold it/traded it for a 79 Hurst Olds that isn't the one -off the other one was. Heck, this one's got body side mouldings, and, front & rear bumper-guards! Not a catch all I agree, but it helps.

In short I went from a unique show car to a somewhat rare driver. I sleep better now. :)

And by the way, man am I enjoying my 1996 Cutlass with that installed front shock tower brace you sold me, I am just flat out impressed with the improvement in the ride! For all you out there that might have been thinking about getting one of these for your Cutlass, by all means do it. They are getting harder and harder to find every day as they were only installed on the convertibles, but the hunt will be worth it. I noticed the difference even the first 50 feet when I pulled out the driveway! THis car is actually fun to drive now

• Like 1

Shurkey has a good point...but at the same time, I see an awful number of SUV owners that simply can't park, because they have no idea just how large their vehicle is.

I've run into idiots on more that one occasion...once, nearly ended up in a fistfight, when a guy got irate because I told him to kindly remove his toddler from the hood of my Galaxie.

Really?  That's ridiculous!  That goes along with morons who lean against and sit on pristine cars in car shows.  I remember that happening on more than one occasion growing up with my dad.  My dad got into a guy's face one time for him leaning on the front fender of his 66 Chevelle SS.  The guy acted like "what's the big deal"?

Exactly. The car show, cruise nights are ok as they generally attract car people who know how to behave and their kids who are taught how to behave. BUT, what you really have to watch out for are the town sponsored car shows, where NO ONE knows how to behave, and even worse, no one wants to behave. What I mean is, well as an example, my wife and I stopped going to our annual town sponsored car show many years ago with our cars. And lately we don't even go as spectators. The last year we went, here's what we saw (in addition to the classic cars):

* a bunch of kids getting into a dirt bomb fight, throwing them all over the place.

* Kids on skate boards.

* People throwing a Frisbee around (%*@#($)

* 2 young girls on roller skates! One of them lost control and was headed straight for a local doctor in town's 1928 Rolls Royce convertible, I think it was worth a quarter million at the time. She thought she was just sOOOOOo cuuuuuute! She was going to use his car to stop herself. I know the good doctor and what his reaction would have been (heart attack as he was about 80 years old), so I was getting up to throw a body block on her approach but luckily she landed flat on her a** about 10 feet short of his car.

That last one got us so mad we right then packed up and left and we haven't been back since. Good riddance.

Actually it was a cruise night back in Burlington, IA back in the 80's.  The guy was drunk and that was the biggest reason he was being so disrespectful.  People are just unaware and have no common sense so you really have to watch your car when it's being displayed.  I like that you were proactive in trying to protect someone else's ride, very cool.  It sucks that other people have ruined your enjoyment in going to these shows.

The worse thing I ever saw was a big fat old man come up to a car and sat his fat ass on the fiberglass front end????

Nate was in shock and didn't know what to say.

You have an old man sitting on your car which is bad, but a brand new fiberglass front end & paint job is brutal.

Finally he says something about if you buy it you can sit on it, if not get off my damn car.

The old fool didn't even say sorry or I was out of breath. Just something about what's the big deal???