93 Cutlass Supreme convertible power seat not working

Afubar

Anyone know which fuse controls the drivers side power seat? Tried to adjust the seat yesterday and nothing, no sound of motor, no nothing. Also, does anyone know of a way to adjust them manually?

Any ideas?

Thanks. Kaye

Look in the fuse panel lid. It’ll probably say power seat or something along those lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I've done that, also checked the owners manual and the service manual. Nada, zip, nothing.

Anyone else?

The power seat circuit is on the pwr door circuit breaker.

Are your door locks functioning?

Yes. Will try to check if the manual states which is the power door fuse.

Thanks

Yes.

Thanks

It's not a fuse, it's a 30 amp circuit breaker

The power seat system has three motors, I take it that all three are not functioning?

Disconnect the harness from under the seat & use a probe to see if you still have power to the input (that should be orange/black).

C313 is under the driver's seat. G304 is right next to it, check both for corrosion. Could also check pin F at the switch for power.

post-3252-0-81759100-1509672986_thumb.jpg

Edited by Imp558

Okay, I see where the electronic control block is supposed to be located "RH side of IP" I'm guessing the " IP" means instrument panel, have looked and looked. Anyone have an idea just where it's located and how to get to it?

Thanks again.

Kaye

Open the passenger door. It’s right there at the end of the dash...with the door closed, you can’t even see it.

The component center should be behind the glove box, in the GP's one has to remove the plastic sound shield under the dash panel, you should then be able to see the center. The center is rectangular, the power acc circuit breaker should be #5.

I can find 3 of the fuse/breaker panels, 2 under the hood, 1 behind the glove box, can not find the 4th. The service manual states "RH side of IP". Just now removed the panel below the steering wheel, nothing.

it's always from the Cars point of view, the right hand side is the passenger side you found it

Actually, I don't think so. The illustration in the manual and the fuse block behind the glove box don't match up. Plus the listed fuses on that panel don't control the seat controls.

you need to find a plug underneath the seat and while somebody's pushing the button see if there is power there

I've admitted defeat, have made appointment at a GM dealership to have them work it out.

Thanks anyway. Kaye

• 1 month later...

Okay, here's an update. The seat problem was a broken wire under the floor mat.

Also the fourth fuse block I couldn't find, under the liner of the arm rest, who knew.

Thanks again guys, I really do appreciate your help. There have been times you all have saved me a a lot of time and effort in this adventure with these cars.