UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mitchellman

WANTED-----225/60r16 Goodyear Eagle Nascar Tires with Raised White or Yellow Letters

Hi All,

Looking for some 225/60r16 Goodyear Eagle Nascar tires with Raised White or Yellow lettering.

We're popular about 10 years ago and were used on many of the GM FWD cars.

Looking for anything you got. Please let me know.

Thanks in Advanced!!!

Mitchell

Good luck finding those. A legit nascar tire is nothing but a slick. not at all DOT legal. You could probably find a DOT legal drag radial though 

he's not talking about a tire for nascar use, they had some "nascar" branded tires 10-15 years ago that had raised lettering in white or yellow

4344870004_large.jpg

he's not talking about a tire for nascar use, they had some "nascar" branded tires 10-15 years ago that had raised lettering in white or yellow

4344870004_large.jpg

Thats actually really cool. but I cant imagine they are easy to find and I highly doubt they are made anymore 

Hi All,

Looking for some 225/60r16 Goodyear Eagle Nascar tires with Raised White or Yellow lettering.

We're popular about 10 years ago and were used on many of the GM FWD cars.

Looking for anything you got. Please let me know.

Thanks in Advanced!!!

Mitchell

Holy hell those would look bithchin' on your car!

Holy hell those would look bithchin' on your car!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing! :) and No more messing with paint markers. Not that I don't enjoy painting the letters on my tires, just really time consuming.

Plus I have plans for them. All 3 of my cars wear 225/60r16s, and I've got a few extra sets of Twisted 5 Spoke Grand Prix wheels as well as a set of TGP Crosslaces. I plan to have them powder coated and wanted these tires to put on the Regal, and possibly both Bonnevilles.

post-10259-0-33203100-1507897958_thumb.jpg

post-10259-0-09670600-1507898144_thumb.jpg

post-10259-0-97211000-1507898180_thumb.jpg

Not to derail too bad, but I think BFG Radial T/As are still available in that size and are white letter

Thanks, but BFG Radial T/As are only available in 14" and 15". IIRC, they've never been available in 16"....unfortunately. Otherwise, I'd have at least 3 sets already. Haha :D

I don't know why I never mentioned this before but my dad and stepmom bought a new 2000-2005 model year Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordan edition.  It's got 100 to 150,000 miles on it now.  Anyway, it had the yellow lettered rubber on it when they bought it off the showroom floor.  I think my dad ran the tires until they needed replaced or he might have taken them off when they were new and put them away in the garage loft.  Either way, he has them up the garage loft stored away.  When I'm home next, I'll get some pics of the car and the tires if I can.

I had a set of the white letter Goodyear Eagle NASCARS I bought new in 2004 for my freshly restored 79 Hurst Olds, 14 inch. But, over time they got to be hard as rocks with age and are now being used for the car as a show car, not a driver. At higher speeds they vibrated too much so they had to go if the car was going to continue to be driven. I was going to replace them with either 205-70R-14 BF Goodrich TA's, or, 215-70R-14 Cooper Cobras. But, I sold the car & the new owner will be keeping them on the car as it will be a car trailered to shows, etc.

As with any tire, 5 or 6 years into their life they need to be watched for dry rot cracks and/or hardness, a real safety issue if you put 'em on a driver. I'm dwelling on this a bit as it a good bet that even if you do find a set, since they will be no doubt over 10 years old, it's a good chance they won't be safe to use as driver tires.  

I do agree though, they were one of the nicest looking tires Goodyear ever put out. Too bad they are still not around.

Just got back from my Dad's for Thanksgiving weekend.  I took some pics of my stepmom's 03 Impala SS Jeff Gordon Edition and the factory yellow lettered Goodyear's that it came with when they bought it new.  It was a showroom car in Macomb, IL Chevy dealer.  Dad said he won't sell the tires separately from the car.  If you want the tires, you have to buy the car too!  She has the original window sticker and all the original Jeff Gordon paperwork.  It's her baby and most likely she'll drive it til it caputs out.

jOJIIA.jpgI6mP5J.jpgoJi5Om.jpgDsSabw.jpgGPxfPK.jpg

Here's the tires in the shed, I thought they were up in the garage loft but dad has them hanging on the shed wall.  They have about 30,000 miles on them and he also has one of the slicks from Gordon's car, the right rear.  Dad said it's from Talladega when they went to watch Gordon race the car.  Years later, he was visiting a friend who went to the race with him and he found the slick in his garage.  Somehow he got the slick from the car on the day they watched Gordon race and he sold it to dad so he could keep it with the Monte.  Don't mind the little alloy rims that are stored with the tires, extra 4 wheeler rims for my dad's 660 Polaris!

8oiqjy.jpg

Last tire is hard to see towards the left under a red chamois wand.

6tajkR.jpgbY8bhw.jpgbceEG1.jpgQ9TZ1J.jpg

That's really cool your dad still has those tires! Of the Goodyear Eagle white and yellow lettered tires, the ones you have(Goodyear Eagle) are much more rare to find than the Goodyear Eagle Nascar ones. Very cool!

Thanks, he's pretty good about keeping things that were original to his vehicles.  I remember them when they were on the car and they looked pretty sharp!  He wanted to take them off when the car was new so they would have any miles on them, but financially at the time they couldn't do it.  Thirty thousand miles later is the best they could do I guess.

That's still really cool! Hoping I can find a really good set of 4 to run on the GS in the summer. I have 2 with near perfect tread, 1 has perfect sidewall and the other has curb rub on the tops of all the lettering.

I hope you find some, they are really cool but definitely not something you see all the time.  If my dad decides to let them go for some reason, I'll let you know.

I hope you find some, they are really cool but definitely not something you see all the time. If my dad decides to let them go for some reason, I'll let you know.

Awesome! Thank you! And you're not too terribly far from me either. I work in Dubuque, so about 2.5 hours from there. I had a chance to get a couple full sets of 4, but they were all weather cracked really bad, had bad sidewalls, and no tread.

Ok, being in Ames allows me to be about 3 hrs from everywhere too.  My parents (and tires) are in the Burlington, IA area and they are also 3 hours from me.

Just checking to see if you are still looking for these tires? I purchased 4 of them a number of years ago to put on my 68 Camaro show car, which I trailer to car shows. When I put these one size only tires 225/60r16 White lettered they were just a tad to big for the front. I took them off on the front and put a black wall tire one size down on the front. I then took the tires off the back and turned them around so you would also see black tires all the way around. I may at the most have around or less than 100 miles on the back tires.  As for the front you can still see the red and white line that goes all the way around on the tread.  Anyway, I had the 2 tires ready to go to Norwalk OH, for the AMES Performance Pontiac Nationals, I have a vendor space, August 3-5. I had no interest to take the back 2 off and sell them, However It may be something I should consider because I don't show the lettering on the back. I have seen a number of people interested in these tires however I never consider selling them until now. If still interested, I can take some real good pictures of the tires and with the right offer I will consider selling them.  

you can email me at:  

Bill