$12 intake build

Canada4g63

I didn't ask you option or give 2 shits what you think, if you can build one cheaper lmk if not keep your shitty comments to yourself. Or i tell you what you have a few 9 or 10 sec cars? No didn't think so @Nas Escobar

I didn't ask you option or give 2 shits what you think, if you can build one cheaper lmk if not keep your shitty comments to yourself. Or i tell you what you have a few 9 or 10 sec cars? No didn't think so @Nas Escobar

Overreact much? Chill out! He said nothing that warrants this kind of childish behavior.

Oh, and you did ask for his opinion when you posted it here :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Given the cost effectiveness and improved surface area of the filter it's good. The big challenge is getting cool air in by locating the filter in an area that's away from things like exhaust manifolds, that's what Nas meant. Bringing cool air in is free power. It's easy to get defensive when you put a lot of work into something but your overreaction was wildly inappropriate here.

• Like 2

I wonder if you could find some way to fab up a heat shield to put around it? Might help your IATs a little bit. Like every one else said the cooler the air the more fuel being put with it which means more power. Noticeable probably not but the engine will like it. Shouldn’t be to hard to fab up a heat shield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a lot more than just a/f ratio based on air density but you're right about that being a factor. Cool air is denser and more air in means more expansion when it gets hot inside the engine.

i love the filter selection on this project, mine is a monster oem off the shelf filter too. Also looks like it wouldn't be hard to replace, overall this is a very simple and elegant design.

Menstrual week much?

• Like 2

It looks good and that's where the factory had it, but it was enclosed by the factory for a few reasons. And heat was one of them. Take it from a guy who has had 2 TGP motors. I put my filter right on the turbo. It's away from anything heat related per say. And no mine isn't a 10 second car, but it is a high 12 car. Guys on here have been around these cars since they was new(me included) so they have some very good advice. No need to get butt hurt over a few very informative comments.

How 'bout take it easy??  This is a good group here who are pretty open and accepting of others opinions, good or bad. 

The engine isn't in a Grand Prix for starters. It's in a 1989 Z24 vert. Has a Jeff M chip. Hybrid turbo running 13 lbs of boost. 3 inch exhaust, racing clutch. I want to do a top swap, but house and my other cars come before this one. It isn't the quickest car out there, but boy is it a load of fun to drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When i get a chance I'm going to make a fmic and delete the a/c and move the radiator over flow jug

Another option for the overflow jug is to go with the 1991-1993 style. It will sit on the passenger side of the engine bay where the large black plastic cover is now. Here's a picture as an example: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/57yqu5_CoG8/hqdefault.jpg

If you're going to install a fmic, I would also relocate the battery to the trunk and run that filter over into the fender or build an enclosure to house it where the battery sits now. That would make it a cold air intake and let the car make power more consistently. I've been meaning to do this forever on my cars, but haven't gotten around to it.