Roof Rack for Cutlass Supreme

chevelle3504speed

I'm trying to find a roof rack for my '95 Cutlass Supreme 4-door, but I can't seem to find a company who makes one.  Yakima and Thule do not, however; Yakima  lists one for the 1st gen Lumina.  It seems like this one would work on the Cutlass Supreme.  Any of you guys with Cutlass Supremes have experience or suggestions for roof racks?   

Thanks,

Andy

I'm trying to find a roof rack for my '95 Cutlass Supreme 4-door, but I can't seem to find a company who makes one.  Yakima and Thule do not, however; Yakima  lists one for the 1st gen Lumina.  It seems like this one would work on the Cutlass Supreme.  Any of you guys with Cutlass Supremes have experience or suggestions for roof racks?   

Thanks,

Andy

I've never seen a roof rack on a Cutlass, but I didn't even know they made them for the Lumina.

• 2 weeks later...

I found all parts needed for the roof rack.  Although Yakima has not made any of the parts except for the round bars for the past 20 years, I was able to find all parts needed through rerack.com and ebay.  Part numbers are given below:

1C SST towers (4 required)

Y27 clips (2 pair required)

48" round bars (2 required)

This roof rack system is limited to 165 lbs.  I doubt many folks wish to put roof racks on these cars, but here's the info should you need it.  This setup works with both the 2-door and 4-door Cutlass Supreme, Regal, and Grand Prix.  It will work on the first generation Lumina as well, but it requires different clips.  Yakima currently offers a new rack for that car anyway.  I am still waiting on the rack to arrive.  I'll post back to confirm the fit.

Wow, that's great! I suppose you're right in assuming not a lot of us would do a roof rack but it's awesome you found everything to do your project and really cool that you posted the P/N's in case someone embarks on the same journey in the future.

• 2 months later...

Took me a while to find the Y-27 clips.  I need to correct my previous post here.  The Y-27 clips are exclusive to the 4-door models of the Cutlass Supreme, Grand Prix, and Regal.  Y-20 clips are required for the 2-door versions.  Here's a photo of the rack installed.

post-2002-0-15062300-1512271301_thumb.jpg

• Like 2