Adjusting top to windshield header panel

oldcpecdr

Hey all

I have searched and searched and did find this thread

As quoted from the Cutlass Convertible Top Diagnosis and Service manual....If top is too far forward or rearward of header: 1.Mark the position of the power link cam bolts on both sides of the top with a china marker.(It shows a diagram here, the power link cam bolts are the one the one above and slightly forward of the hinge, sorry hard to describe) 2. Loosen their nuts and rotate them so the top moves in the needed direction. Moving one power link cam bolt more or less than the other will usually allow you to eliminate any misalignment between the top and the header. 3. Tighten the nuts while holding the cam bolts stationary. If top is too close or to far above header....1. Mark the position of the balance link cam bolts on both sides with a china marker.(These are the bolts at the very rear or the hinge. The hinge forms a 90 degree angle at this bolt, hope that helps you locate them) 2. Loosen the nuts that secure the balance link cam bolts and rotate the bolts as necessary. 3. Tighten the nuts while holding the cam bolts stationary. I'm not super computer literate or I would post a picture of the diagram, hope this helps you and Happy Thanksgiving!! 

Does anyone have the actual manual or maybe a pic of the actual parts referred to above ?

Thanks, Mike B

I`ll get to my manuals here in a few and see about that info. They`re buried in the garage I`m sorting out atm. If its not raining to much later I might can get some pics of mine with the headliner peeled back. I havent messed with my top to much so i dont know alot about it.

No problem, can do anytime.

I`m sure its against some copyrite law somewhere but I dont think anyone here but us on the forum give more than a damn about these cars anymore.

• Like 1