91 Cutlass vert.

jiggity76

I don't think it has ABS, mine also listed "ABS" and it for sure does not have it. That is really cool to see factory CD on the '90!

Thanks so much Manic!  Don't know how you do it! 

I still like the car but kind of bummed out that it was originally white, had no idea and really like the black.  1 of 24 is still impressive.  Is it bad that it has ABS?  Guys on this forum said that's a big problem as parts are hard to find or repair.  Surprised to find that it was a factory CD player car, didn't know that was even a option that early.  To be continued... hopefully he gives me a call someday.  Wish the car wasn't outside getting shitty but it is what it is.

I don't think it has ABS, mine also listed "ABS" and it for sure does not have it. That is really cool to see factory CD on the '90!

I'd have to open the hood and see but knowing yours doesn't have it is reassuring.  My 91 International is also ABS delete and I've heard that's kind of a blessing. 

I actually have 2 factory cassette player stereos, 1 from my 91 International sedan parts car and 1 from my 89 International parts coupe.  I have 3 factory CD player stereos now.  One is in the 91 International and I have two that I picked up from two different 94 Cutlass verts. 

• Like 1

5fHxkL.jpgwAl5to.jpg

Well I talked to the owner today and sadly it's not for sale. He's not ready to let her go but I gave him mine and my mom's info if he changes his mind. He also has a 94 vert in the same color combo with the DOHC motor, quad leather seats but no HUD. The 94 only has 116,000 on it and enjoys it quite a bit. It is a 1990 model year guys so good call to sean1991olds who spotted the correct year. Make me want it even more since it's a 90. Manic, if you could work your magic again with these VIN# pics, thank you. What's that weird symbol between the 4 and the D?

Looked underneath it today too and no serious rust issues, pretty solid car overall metal wise.

I would buy a car cover and take it to the guy so he can put it on the car. He'll understand how serious you are about wanting the car and how much you appreciate what it is. It will keep it dry and protected for when he eventually calls you to sell it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MemphisMan

If it's leaking, it'll keep the water out and at least keep anymore from getting in. If jiggity really has his eye on it it might be a good idea to do what he can to start preserving it now. If the owner is on the fence about selling, the gesture of someone wanting to take care of a car that isn't even theirs could sway his thinking for jiggity's benefit. People want to know that the cars they love will go to owners that will take care of them...offering to cover it up would be a great first step.

If it's leaking, it'll keep the water out and at least keep anymore from getting in. If jiggity really has his eye on it it might be a good idea to do what he can to start preserving it now. If the owner is on the fence about selling, the gesture of someone wanting to take care of a car that isn't even theirs could sway his thinking for jiggity's benefit. People want to know that the cars they love will go to owners that will take care of them...offering to cover it up would be a great first step.

I understand what your saying but I felt pretty confident that he knew exactly what he had and wanted quite a bit for it, more than I can afford probably.  I'm not sure what the car is worth in it's present condition but my limit was $1000 bucks.  He was a little upset when I asked to take pics of it but he reluctantly let me and I didn't want to push him anymore. 

I like the verts but I'm really a International man first and foremost.  I just wanted to possibly buy the car at a reasonable price and then sell it to someone here who would really appreciate and save it.  I would of sold it at the same price I would of bought it, no profit.  Just want someone to restore it and put her on the road again.  I would even spend money on gas and borrow my dad's trailer to pull it to my place three hours away from it's present location - no charge to the new owner.  Like I said, he wasn't ready to sell yet.  I even told and shown him pics of my 1 of 1 91 International and he still didn't budge, never blinked an eye.  Hopefully someday he'll let it go to the right owner even if it's not me.  But that's what I would do if I ended up bringing her home.

Jiggity:

I've been fooling around with old cars since the early '80's..

I can take you right now to the completely rotted hulk of a '64 Galaxie500XL I asked about in 1983. Not a thing has been done to it, and the owner has been sitting on it, waiting for it to be worth $30,000.00.  Even completely restored, it's not worth half that, and so it's rotted for 35 years, and isn't worth the tow to a junkyard.   I can tell you about dozens of cars I know about that met the same fate. 

Most likely, this Cutlass will turn out much the same over time. 

I don't understand that sort of thinking, but it's depressingly common. 

Jiggity:

I've been fooling around with old cars since the early '80's..

I can take you right now to the completely rotted hulk of a '64 Galaxie500XL I asked about in 1983. Not a thing has been done to it, and the owner has been sitting on it, waiting for it to be worth $30,000.00.  Even completely restored, it's not worth half that, and so it's rotted for 35 years, and isn't worth the tow to a junkyard.   I can tell you about dozens of cars I know about that met the same fate. 

Most likely, this Cutlass will turn out much the same over time. 

I don't understand that sort of thinking, but it's depressingly common. 

I know what you mean.  I hope that is not the case for this car but what can you do. 

I know of a 65 Mustang fastback down around Hannibal, MO where my dad grew up.  Car has sat up in a wooded hill area near an old farmhouse since the 80's and the guy still won't sell it.  Belonged to his son who died shortly after he bought it and just can't let it go.  Car has very low mileage, under 10,000 miles if I remember and is far gone as well.  Manual tranny car, white with red interior.  Sad.

Indeed a 1990. As I recall, a fairly late 1990. Convertible production started in the last few of months of the model year.

Not AS rare but still 1 of 460 made. It was originally white though so it's 1 of 24..Factory CD and SWRC car though.

• 1G3WT34T4LD407291
  • Vehicle:
  •  
  • CUTLASS 2 DR
  • Year:
  •  
  • Build Date:
  •  
  • Unk.
  • Found 31,854 vehicles matching that year and model in our database.
  • RPO Description Matches
  • UB3 CLUSTER,INSTRUMENT(OIL,COOLANT TEMPERATURE,VOLTMETER,TACHOMETER,TRIP ODOMETER)(USED WITH DELUXE SPORT PKG W32) GA(UB3) 17,559
  • UK3 ELECTRONIC SYSTEM,ACCESSORY CONTROL ELEK ACSRY CONT SYS(UK3) 9,227
  • US7 ANTENNA,POWER(PAINTED)(USED WITH TOURING W12) PAINTED PWR ANT(US7) 19,352
  • U1C RADIO,AM/FM STEREO,CD PLAYER,ETR, CLOCK STEREO W/CD PLAYER(U1C) 898
  • U25 LAMP,INTERIOR,REAR COMPARTMENT COURTESY RR COMPT CTSY LP(U25) 30,073
  • U47 LAMP,INTERIOR,ENGINE COMPARTMENT COURTESY,EXTENDABLE E/CMPT CTSY LP(U47) 30,073
  • U66 SPEAKER SYSTEM,4,DUAL FRONT DASH MOUNTED,DUAL EXTENDED RANGE PACKAGE SHELF/QUARTER 4 SPKR SYS(U66) 19,677
  • VB7 BUMPER,FRONT AND REAR,SPORT(USED WITH ELDORADO TOURING COUPE YP5) SPORT BPR(VB7) 5,384
  • VH9 ENVELOPE,OWNER INFORMATION MANUAL OWNER INFO MAN ENV(VH9) 24,026
  • VK3 LICENSE PLATE,FRONT MOUNTING PACKAGE FRT LIC PLT MTG PKG(VK3) 22,869
  • V73 VEHICLE STATEMENT - US/CANADA US/CANADA VEHICLE STATEMENT(V73) 31,854
  • WJ7 TRIM,INTERIOR(LEATHER) LEATHER TR(WJ7) 4,016
  • Z12 PACKAGE,FUNCTIONAL AND APPEARANCE(EXTERIOR)(MERCHANDISING OPTION) FUNCTIONAL APPEARANCE PKG(Z12) 27,077
  • Z7S OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME CONVERTIBLE(MERCHANDISING OPTION)(3WM47 + Z7S = 3WT67) CONV(Z7S) 460
  • 0DN SPRING COMPTR SELECT SUSP(0DN) 455
  • 1SC PACKAGE-OPTION 03 (1SC) 16,741
  • 1SZ PACKAGE OPTION- (1SZ) 29,083
  • 15A ACCENT STRIP,MEDIUM GRAY METALLIC (15A) 2,607
  • 15I INTERIOR TRIM,MEDIUM SLATE GRAY (15I) 18,173
  • 154 TRIM COMBINATION - LEATHER, MED SLATE GRAY (154) 797
  • 159 SEAT BELT COLOR - MED SLATE GRAY (159) 18,173
  • 19T VINYL TOP COLOR,BLACK (19T) 185
  • 40U EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,WHITE (40U) 7,669
  • 6UZ COMPONENT FRT LH - COMPUTER SEL SUSP (6UZ) SUSP(6UZ) 456
  • 7UZ COMPONENT FRT RH - COMPUTER SEL SUSP (7UZ) SUSP(7UZ) 456
  • AC3 ADJUSTER,SEAT,6-WAY POWER,BUCKET,DRIVER 6-WAY PWR D/SEAT ADJR(AC3) 12,790
  • AN3 SEAT,FRONT BUCKET,WITH ELECTRONIC BODY SUPPORT CONTROL(USED WITH SE Z7M) FRT BKT ST(AN3) 17,692
  • AP9 NET,CONVENIENCE(USED WITH LUX INT ORN B20) CONVENIENCE NET(AP9) 30,062
  • AR4 RESTRAINT SYSTEM,FRONT SEAT,AUTOMATIC,PASSIVE AUTO PSIV RST SYS(AR4) 31,854
  • AU0 LOCK CONTROL,REMOTE ENTRY(KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM)(USED WITH SE Z7M) REMOTE ENTRY LK CONT(AU0) 19,453
  • AU3 LOCK,SIDE DOOR,ELECTRIC ELEC S/D LK(AU3) 23,925
  • A31 WINDOW,ELECTRIC OPERATED,SIDE(USED WITH SE Z7M) ELEC SI WDO(A31) 24,348
  • A78 ADJUSTER,FRT ST BK MAN RECLINING,PASSENGER AND DRIVER MAN RECL ST BACK ADJR(A78) 31,854
  • A90 LOCK,REAR COMPARTMENT LID,REMOTE CONTROL,ELECTRIC RELEASE ELEC REL LID LK(A90) 20,180
  • BYP SPORT EQUIPMENT PACKAGE SPORT PKG(BYP) 2,956
  • B34 COVERING,FLOOR MATS,FRONT,CARPETED INSERT(COLOR COORDINATED) FRT CPT INS FLR MATS(B34) 27,325
  • B35 COVERING,FLOOR MATS,REAR,CARPETED INSERT(COLOR COORDINATED) RR CPT INS FLR MATS(B35) 27,325
  • B57 ORNAMENTATION,EXTERIOR(DELUXE)(FRONT AND REAR LOWER BUMPER FASCIA,BUMPER RUB STRIPS)(USED WITH INTERNATIONAL WJ9) DELUXE EXTR TR(B57) 8,692
  • B71 ORNAMENTATION,EXTERIOR,WHEEL OPENING MOLDING(COLOR)(USED WITH INTERNATIONAL Z7Q,CONVERTIBLE Z7S) W/H MLDG(B71) 8,692
  • B84 ORNAMENTATION,EXTERIOR,BODY SIDE MOLDING(USED WITH APPEARANCE PACKAGE Z12) BODY SI MLDG(B84) 27,077
  • B91 ORNAMENTATION,EXTERIOR,DOOR EDGE GUARD MOLDING(COLOR)(USED WITH APPEARANCE PACKAGE Z12) DR EDGE GUARD MLDG(B91) 27,077
  • CD4 WIPER SYSTEM,WINDSHIELD,PULSE PULSE WPR(CD4) 30,050
  • C49 DEFOGGER,REAR WINDOW,ELECTRIC(USED WITH SPECIAL EDITION WA4) ELEC RR WDO DEFG(C49) 29,880
  • C68 AIR CONDITIONER,FRONT,AUTOMATIC,ELECTRONIC CONTROLS A/C AUTO ELEC CONT(C68) 9,801
  • C91 LAMP,INTERIOR,ROOF COURTESY(DOME) DM LP(C91) 2,241
  • DC4 MIRROR,INSIDE,REARVIEW TILT,DUAL READING LAMP(USED WITH ASTRO ROOF CF5) I/S DUAL READING LP RR VIEW MIR(DC4) 30,073
  • DD2 MIRROR,INSIDE,SUNSHADE,COVERED I/S CVR S/S MIR(DD2) 30,073
  • DG7 MIRROR,OUTSIDE,RH AND LH REMOTE CONTROL,ELECTRIC(PAINTED)(USED WITH SE Z7M,STE Z7N,LE Z7K) O/S ELEC R/CON PAINTED MIR(DG7) 30,048
  • DOE Unknown 31,854
  • D55 CONSOLE,FRONT COMPARTMENT FLOOR F/CMPT FLR CNSL(D55) 23,277
  • D85 STRIPE,BODY SIDE LOWER ACCENT(CAN BE PAINTED OR MATERIAL) LWR BODY SI ACNT STRPE(D85) 8,687
  • FE3 SUSPENSION SYSTEM,SPORT(USED WITH SPORT PACKAGE WN2,PERFORMANCE PACKAGE Y56) SPORT SUSP(FE3) 8,516
  • GX3 TRANSAXLE,FINAL DRIVE,3.33 RATIO(USED WITH CALIF SEVILLE YP1) 3.33R(GX3) 28,975
  • IK4 TRIM-INTERIOR DESIGN (K4) (IK4) 1,255
  • JL9 BRAKE SYSTEM,POWER,FRONT AND REAR DISC,ANTILOCK FRT & RR DISC ANTILOCK BRK(JL9) 2,115
  • K34 CRUISE CONTROL,AUTOMATIC,ELECTRONIC(USED WITH SE Z7M) CRCONT(K34) 30,030
  • K60 GENERATOR,100 AMPERE 100 AMP(K60) 31,854
  • LH0 ENGINE,3.1L(3.1T),V6(EXPORT) 3.1T(LH0)(EXPORT) 28,975
  • ME9 TRANSMISSION,AUTOMATIC 4-SPEED(THM440-T4/4T60) 4-SPD A/TRANS(ME9) 28,975
  • MX0 TRANSMISSION,AUTOMATIC,OVERDRIVE(MERCHANDISING OPTION)(MD8) A/TRANS PROVISIONS(MX0) 28,975
  • NA5 EMISSION SYSTEM,FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS(USED WITH CALIF SEVILLE YP1) FEDERAL EMIS(NA5) 29,838
  • NP5 STEERING WHEEL,SPORT,3-SPOKE,LEATHER WRAPPED(USED WITH PERFORMANCE PACKAGE Y56,SPORT PACKAGE WN2) LEATHER WRAPPED STRG WHL(NP5) 9,227
  • NW0 WHEEL,16X6.5(CAST ALUMINUM) AL WHL(NW0) 5,895
  • N33 STEERING COLUMN,TILT TYPE(USED WITH SE Z7M) TILT STRG COL(N33) 30,050
  • PB4 LOCK KIT,ALUMINUM WHEEL AL WHL LOCK KIT(PB4) 26,936
  • QGW TIRE,ALL P215/60 R/16 N BL R/PE ST TL HWY TIRE(QGW) 5,895
  • R7A CONTROL - SALES ITEM NO. 26 14,509
  • R9Z CONTROL - SALES ITEM NO.100 4,923
  • TR9 LAMP GROUP,COURTESY(USED WITH SE Z7M) LP GRP(TR9) 30,073

White with either black or white top color must of been very common with the 90's and 91's.  There's a couple of 90 verts on CL that are white with red interior and another 2 or 3 - 91 verts that are also white with red interiors. 

White with either black or white top color must of been very common with the 90's and 91's. 

They were the ONLY colors until beige joined the lineup in 1995.

White with red interior and red with gray or graphite interiors were the most common through1993, then bright aqua with graphite beat out white/red, black/graphite was second place behind red/graphite in 1994 and in 1995, dark teal/beige beat out red/graphite with over twice as many made.

BTW, the 1990 does have PM3 brakes.

They were the ONLY colors until beige joined the lineup in 1995.

White with red interior and red with gray or graphite interiors were the most common through1993, then bright aqua with graphite beat out white/red, black/graphite was second place behind red/graphite in 1994 and in 1995, dark teal/beige beat out red/graphite with over twice as many made.

BTW, the 1990 does have PM3 brakes.

Ok, thank you.  PM3 is not the best right? 

PM3 is what the TGP is known for. Basically it's an electric braking system that fails and leaves you brakeless

That is when you have to convert to a hydraulic system or a traditional braking system then?  I've read about that here somewhere where you can do that.  At least there is a solution to it.

• 4 weeks later...

was the power master 3 not pretty much standard issue for a well optioned w car? It was the set up with the hand grenade looking pressure reservoir wasn't it ?

was the power master 3 not pretty much standard issue for a well optioned w car? It was the set up with the hand grenade looking pressure reservoir wasn't it ?

I'm not really sure since I haven't looked at one.  My 91 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme International is well optioned and it's one of the few things that it doesn't have.  Seems like a lot of the Grand Prix's had this option but maybe Buick and Oldsmobile's didn't?  Someone else more knowledgeable can chime in but it seems the newer W-body's got this option and not a lot of the early or older W's didn't.

• 2 months later...

Update:  Car is still there.  Visited my mom for Thanksgiving and car hasn't moved.  The 94 black vert was parked out front and now a brownish 97-03 GP four door has joined his collection.