!! STOP USING PHOTOBUCKET !!

digitaloutsider

What a bunch of dicks. Even people who already pay them are being demanded for more? They could have at least left the old stuff alone. And you know, maybe given some warning; hope I have copies of alll my pics on cds or hard drives

You should be able to log in and retrieve them. It's just a matter of uploading your stuff everywhere else.

In the era of ultra cheap storage and ridiculously cheap bandwidth, I don't know where the fuck you get off demanding $400 a year for fucking image hosting. We don't pay much more than that a year for VPS hosting for this board and the IPboard license.

It was a good run but they got my account too. I'll poke through my old posts in coming days and fix stuff. I'm going to close my photobucket account.

Clearly they intend to close down. They have to know that nobody will pay $400 yearly.

I got to thinking the other day that that's just insane pricing. I could see $10-20 a year, or something like 50-75 for lifetime.

just thinking about it it's kind of cool that they're doing this. they could have folded up the site and just flushed everything but by doing this they're forcing us to go in and get the things that we have their that are important

Or rather than being total douche heads they could have just given people a certain amount of time to remove their photos and...oh...I don't know...communicate with their fucking users. 

• Like 1

Yeah, but it was a free service with near flawless performance. I just cleaned out and deleted my account and left them a thank you message. They hosted my images so long there was MySpace stuff in mine from before FB fucked up social networking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

le sigh. this is going to take forever to move everything

Personally . . . . I'm completely shocked that it took this long to get us here.

I have no idea how those sites were remaining profitable.

Regardless, like many things in life.  I'm an early adapter, I've had my own websites/webstorage for more than a decade now.

If you're interested in buying BXXEvans.com, arrangements could be made where you could upload pics and such to that website.  Or . . . . I just checked.  www.ChineseMatt.com somehow is available.  You should register that before someone else realizes how cool you and tries to register it!

I guess I predicted the future, because I removed my content literally a few days before they started this...Only FAQ I can remember I had off-hand with pictures was of a second gen GP hud repair. It appears several people have that covered in youtube videos, etc. these days.

Edited by mfewtrail

• 2 months later...

https://postimages.orghas my banner now, have to see how it works before I get crazy. I have webspace for work but I try not to clutter it.

November 1st and so far no problem with this image server. I'm going to start doing some other stuff with that account now, no penis pictures.

November 1st and so far no problem with this image server. I'm going to start doing some other stuff with that account now, no penis pictures.

What about the pictures of you using your cat's litter box?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I agree photobucket is shit just download directly to site, I have had no problems loading images here and they still remain here like they should,I load photos here to help other members out with problems and pics can be really helpful ..........So i agree dump photo bucket