Grandprix1's Top Swap parts list

Grandprix1

Don't really want to use a spinning sanding disc on the head or block anyway, gasket scraper is fine. Be careful when you use the razor blade to make sure you don't nick the surface. Brake clean can help remove stubborn gasket material.

If you ever find yourself over on the west side of Frederick, can you see if the W Express on W Patrick St still sells E85?

Ok. Yes I can do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't really want to use a spinning sanding disc on the head or block anyway, gasket scraper is fine. Be careful when you use the razor blade to make sure you don't nick the surface. Brake clean can help remove stubborn gasket material.

If you ever find yourself over on the west side of Frederick, can you see if the W Express on W Patrick St still sells E85?

I know there is a station in Damascus which is like 5-10 minutes from me that sells all sorts of fancy stuff. They have race fuel but not sure if they have e85

• Like 1

Thanks lol. I can fill up in Breezewood on the way there and back, but it's nice to have a more local place in case I end up having to do a lot of driving around.

Yes that's true. My plan is to start with the stock 3.8 pulley and let the car get used to it then slowly drop pulleys if I can. From the looks for the supporting mods I could go to a 3.4 I believe

Without headers, 3.4 is too small for for an L67, let alone a top swap. You really shouldn't do a 3.4 without rockers and headers.

Then maybe it's a 3.5" I know it's not much smaller then that

No. I'll do fronts after the swap. So then I can probably only run either stock or a 3.6

Don't go below a 3.6" without headers or F&R logs (and a 3" downpipe).

Ok. But if I do a 3" downpipe will it still bolt to my 2.5" stock cat back?

Yep, it will. Your 2.5" DP will work for now, but I wouldn't drop a pulley until you get a 3."

Ok. I'll be moving more air now so that makes sense. I'm giving the car 500 miles or so after the swap before I give it a hard run to see what it does

What do I do about the cut fuel lines on the fuel rail? Will mine swap over? And how do I get those off? I didn't want to break anything in the fuel rail

Thanks for bringing this injector plug issue up guys, gotta check to see if I need to swap plugs on my top swap project.

So I'm not sure if I'm getting parts from this guy... he looks at my messages when I ask hey what did you get off the car today. Does the ICM work? No response. I'm kinda nervous. If any else has the pulleys and harmonic balancer please let me know. The list is on here somewhere I don't want to get screwed over

8b540b93dd2e7cd0dc47ad8bccc774af.png

I bought these for the fuel lines. Should have them tomorrow. Are they the right ones?

8b540b93dd2e7cd0dc47ad8bccc774af.png

I bought these for the fuel lines. Should have them tomorrow. Are they the right ones?

There's cheap little plastic ones at the auto parts store that work.The metal one with the swivel they sell didn't want to work for me. When you insert the tool just push the line on like you're trying to seat ti really well at the same time and you'll catch the barbs. Some fuel lines don't require a tool, they have wing out the front or square buttons on the side.

There's cheap little plastic ones at the auto parts store that work.The metal one with the swivel they sell didn't want to work for me. When you insert the tool just push the line on like you're trying to seat ti really well at the same time and you'll catch the barbs. Some fuel lines don't require a tool, they have wing out the front or square buttons on the side.

Ok I bought those cause I wasn't sure what size I needed. I heard back from the guy said he hasn't gotten the parts off the car yet as he's been busy... I may go ahead a get the ICM bracket off a car at the JY. Lady I work with has a special edition 01 Grand Prix GTP. Doing wild things to it. said she will probably give me her Black GTP badges cause she wants silver to match these accents she's doing.