Brake upgrade.

mikewest08

I have a 1999 gs and I want to do front and rear brake upgrades on it. Can anyone give me any info, on what kinda of cars I can get parts off of. Also if I upgrade both front and rear will the system produce enough pressure to stop the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheapest easiest front is the 06-08 monte/impala ss swap it bolts right on and gives you a 1inch larger rotor and dual pistons only modding you have to do is bend the brakeline a 1/4 inch to clear the bleeder. You need the caliper the bracket and the rotor. Id sugest the powerstop kit on rock auto its like $250 and has everything for the fronts. The only rear option is the zzp kit and its expensive. And not worth it due to the fact the fronts do most of the work

beb9e30c2587e4f27ccb3dfc58662209.jpg

Will the dual pistons and larger rotors fit inside 16" wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep its tight but they do1b4e56050f9a1321249753be7fab4cfd.jpg Edited by jake91

• 10 months later...

Perusing the old threads tonight trying to get a plan for the GS brakes. what a mishmash of information. It looks like the Powerstop kit up front Jake (and many others) liked and 3rd Gen rears too. I'm cobbling the E-brakes since I want to run a left hand side hand brake.

L67SS mentioned Fiero hand brake levers but I think I'm just going to walk a pull-a-part and look around. A lot of cars had hand brakes levers that were smaller and don't have a big obnoxious orange button on them.

Switching to the front all I need is the kit and brake lines for an '06 - '08 (I'll be running new steel line all around) and just the calipers and lines for the rear since I have second gen spindles going on all 4 corners.

Eliminating the ABS, and 20000000 pounds with it at the same time, did I miss anything that should be on my parts list? I'll likely order the rear powerstop calipers.