Fresh fish, new member, long time 02 Monte owner

Devils Guard

Hello everyone, have always been on the Monte forums. Thought I would join the W-body forum as it is more inclusive with a diverse spread of GM cars. There has to be more information related to the wide variety of 3800 mods performed with all the Buick, Pontiac and Chevrolet owners here. Should be a fun forum overall...

post-10657-0-31166800-1489203957_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hello again, thanks for the Hola's everyone! To answer one question as to what I'm wanting to do. Can't say that I'm really looking for much "how to" stuff right out of the gate here. Going to look around at members rides and see what performance mods catch my attention. Seems like the Pontiac crowds tend to be creative and this being a dedicated W-body site there have to be a number of mods to be pondered over.

A few Monte members have been talking about attending the 2017 W-body meet. Some say it may be the last which has me considering the notion of going to it too. I'm out in Utah, so it is a pretty decent road trip to get there.  3 years or so back I drove the Monte to the GM Nats. in Carlisle. What a long trip that was, trying to dodge bad weather like snow in Colorado, heavy thunderstorms across the plains etc.

John from Pa. may be attending again with his Gray Turbocharged Monte. We parked next to each other in Carlisle, he is a pretty square shooter, good guy. We keep talking that we need to race each other and settle who is the top dog in the 6th gen Montes :cheers: 

Thanks IMP558 for the kudos... Like your signature quote by Mario Andretti, that is awesome

Edited by Devils Guard
  • Like 2

Hello again, thanks for the Hola's everyone! To answer one question as to what I'm wanting to do. Can't say that I'm really looking for much "how to" stuff right out of the gate here. Going to look around at members rides and see what performance mods catch my attention. Seems like the Pontiac crowds tend to be creative and this being a dedicated W-body site there have to be a number of mods to be pondered over.

A few Monte members have been talking about attending the 2017 W-body meet. Some say it may be the last which has me considering the notion of going to it too. I'm out in Utah, so it is a pretty decent road trip to get there. 3 years or so back I drove the Monte to the GM Nats. in Carlisle. What a long trip that was, trying to dodge bad weather like snow in Colorado, heavy thunderstorms across the plains etc.

John from Pa. may be attending again with his Gray Turbocharged Monte. We parked next to each other in Carlisle, he is a pretty square shooter, good guy. We keep talking that we need to race each other and settle who is the top dog in the 6th gen Montes :cheers:

Thanks IMP558 for the kudos... Like your signature quote by Mario Andretti, that is awesome

Carlisle is one of my favorite shows. I can't drive up to the W-Body meet but I try and make it to GM Nationals I think it's chevy nationals this year but all GM models still welcome. I won first place last year for Grand Prix stock.