New car guy, and I need some (a lot ) of help.

blueonblue

Okay, this thing is loaded 138K. I replaced the valve cover gaskets and thats about it so far. The snout has problems, needs the basics for spring. I love this thing! I want to use it for a D/D. It's a GS blue leather blue paint. Runs really good. I'm thinking a battery from Deca what 820 CCA's. tires all 4 all season. What do you guys think?

I know I didn't give you guy much to go on. L67/SC, 4T 65E-HD, FE3 & JL9 HD Brakes. It's got 16" wheels a bad snout coupler and the battery is shot. I want to do the basics belts, filters, hoses, fluids. It's a great car got it from a family who bought it new, no big problems really but a lot of little ones. I'd like to keep it mostly stock and use it for a D/D. Any advice would be great.

Welcome! Sounds like a good little car you picked up..

I recently joined here as well except my car had been abused and unloved for a while. I did all the basics- fluid, filters, brakes, cooling system along with the dreaded LIM gasket change. Got car in October, fixed stuff by November, been a DD ever since 1,600 miles and growing!

Good luck with your ride. This site is really great- the body of knowledge is excellent.

Thanks. I like the car a lot. My daughter is driving the other car the Regal is a lot more fun. I was wondering if you had any luck finding members who are selling parts? I'm looking for the usual brakes, suspension, anyone have a blue leather power heated front seat in good shape that will fit? how about the winning loto numbers? Ha! 

Somewhere on one of these posts you guys were talking about some kind of online subscription car manual. I'd like to know where to get a good manual for my '99 GS. Thanks