UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
AL

3800/W-body Gathering Meet - Detroit, MI - July 1, 2017

Well it looks like I am going to end up missing this. I was looking forward to it but I am likely going to end up in Phili that weekend to tend to a cousin. 25 min from what I call home too :mad:

You're just afraid we're going to get into a fight over the first gen thing, lol. Edit: Chris, your word filter doesn't work with the hyphen. Edit2: Seems to be working now!

Edited by Imp558

PRE first gen for the MFW

Apparently either spaces or capital letters don't help either. It's like we're running servers that were designed at the same time as our cars  :bonk:

He might have been adjusting it when you posted that. I quoted your post and it says "pre 1st gen rather than prefirst gen". 

Funny thing is prefirst gen would be a G body.  :fluffy:

Edit: Interesting enough now  the word "pre" can never be next to the word "gen" even if you write pre pre together (prepre) then "gen"

Well the shop wont be getting the new top on in time and still going to be sporting a rust spot on the passengers side so shes nowhere near show worthy but I`m reconfirming I have the days off tomorrow and will make a reservation then. Going to be just me on this one.

If im asked about pre gens Ill just give a blank stare and pretend its some new slang talk the kids are using.

I've wanted to attend one of these for years and life will finally allow this to be a priority next year as long as it's around this time. It'd be nice to finally meet some of you in person. I see the cool pics everyone posts and it makes me realize that I've never even parked beside another w-body I don't think. I really want my car in the pics where everyone's cars are lined up.

Hope everyone has a great time!

been driving the Monte Carlo most of the day. I'm at the shop again working out a cam position sensor code. looks like I'll be on the road in the morning and headed for Detroit.