UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
AL

3800/W-body Gathering Meet - Detroit, MI - July 1, 2017

Perfect..its marked on the calendar.. Should get the distributor o ring leak fixed.. Had the RTV sealant patch done a few years ago, but the car is so good that I think i will get it done right. Looking forward to the event. Is there any pre registration ?

Perfect..its marked on the calendar.. Should get the distributor o ring leak fixed.. Had the RTV sealant patch done a few years ago, but the car is so good that I think i will get it done right. Looking forward to the event. Is there any pre registration ?

When I did mine, I replaced the rubber o-ring, put a paper gasket on it, and then coated the outside with RTV. It hasn't leaked yet.

Going to be about 9 hours for me regardless of route but can go through Cincinnati or Indianapolis and will come straight through Toledo. I`ll have a rental trailer set up and can commit to a reservation for hotel.

Pampered weekend car now, Ive seen more Vipers, GNXs, and even Enzos on the road then a W-body Cutlass convertible.

Also I might have my brother his appetite and some girls come to and everyones stuff wont fit in the Vert. Then there is upto but not limited to some parts for members to big to ship, enough YooHoos to fill up a cooler in case of an ambush and toolbox, stands and a jack for that just in case scenario. 

I most likely will not be going to this, unless I find a concert in that area this weekend, but I can recommend this Residence Inn right near the recommended hotel. I stayed there in the fall and it was quite nice. Got a Studio with a queen and a pull out couch. The room was large and had a kitchen with peninsula/bar stools. Full size fridge too. Highly recommend it. Max Occupancy is 4, and appears to be like $93-105/night for June 30-July 2nd. The room I had was large enough for 1 - 2 people to have floor space too.  Also free breakfast and decent Internet (I worked from there one day when I stayed).

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dttto-residence-inn-detroit-troy-madison-heights/

32650 Stephenson Hwy, Madison Heights, MI 48071

Also, if you choose to do this, and are not a Marriott Rewards member, let me know and send me your email so I can refer you. I think we both get an extra 2000 points for each of the first 5 stays you make, this stay would count as the first. 

I ended up making reservations at the joint on the gathering site. There are no double rooms left so I ended up with a single king. I'm staying 3 nights, coming in on Thursday so I can have a nice laid back day on Friday. I may do a museum or take a ride to the old Buick city site, just to say I was there.

Anybody wishing to crash in my room is welcome, with so many people there it would likely be advisable to bring an air mattress because I doubt they'll have many cots to lend out.

I'll be a slave to the shop for then next week getting the car ready, I'd like to have a week of tinker time in case something unforeseen is wrong with this car or it needs work for a proper alignment. This car's previous mechanic was a real knuckle dragger who didn't give 2 shits about this poor MC, in sharp contrast to the owner who loved it so much.

I'll be there for the majority of saturday, unfortunately it falls on my normal work weekend this year, so I'll probably have to head out around 5 or so. I might have the 06 this year, just been too busy to have time to clean the gtp up.