UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
AL

3800/W-body Gathering Meet - Detroit, MI - July 1, 2017

Its sounding like this is getting a warm reception which brings me to my next round of questions

Who actually organizes this and are they willing to have any presence on this forum?

If not what are the modes of contact?

Not 100% sold on it yet, figure we give it another week-ish then set whatever it is in stone.

I still have a flag from a couple years ago.

The main contact is Darryl hanscom, I have him on Facebook, I think Rich has alternative contact for him.

I did talk to him at the previous meet about us having our own parking, I have no problem setting up more details with him in the near future and/or having him join the forum

If that is the official plan, or will become the official plan, there is a good chance I can possably kick the wife out of the house for a night or two and have some people crash here, and or hang out. I know I'm not getting a hotel room since I live close enough to drive (and I enjoy the drive). It's almost exactly an hour from here.

I somehow missed this thus far. I know I am pretty new here and my appearances can be scarce, but I have been to a couple of the w-body.com meets and those meets.

Just keep in mind that it is a very different atmosphere. We are usually at a park with some grilling and then junkyard and hotel all the way. These guys are much more into car-show kinds of events. Also, the event is huge, way bigger than ours.

Ultimately, I don't think it would be a bad idea to try, but I just figured I should give a heads up for the ones who have not been.

With that said, I will, bar any sudden trips that come up, attend this.