Dreaded Mechanic

$140 96 Buick Regal GS, fully loaded, named, Burt Regals, 4 door, 232,xxx miles, all original except series 3 heads, AC delete, trans cooler added. Bought without heads as when I did the gaskets, the inner 2 intake valves were shot, 1 bent, 1 wallows. After replacing radiator realized the block was cracked above the y, and still put 30,xxx+ miles on it in 7 and a half months. Have big plans for later this year with a series 3 NA block swap and top swap, head work, 4t65/80e upgrade and a bunch of other goodies. Goal is mid 12's or better. No plans on body work except hood scoop and GSx paint scheme. Want a goofy looking beat up sleeper. Until then, I am playing with what I got. I want to put in a SC TB, remove the Mag bridge and do an inline MAF off of a 4.3. I was told I would need to tune, and also told the 96 is not tuneable. If this is true, how hard is it to swap to a 97 or newer PCM, and if poasible, does it have to be from a 97 or newer W-body?

Exhaust cutout will be added on down pipe before cat, if we keep one, and exhaust work of some kind, still figuring direction I want to go for that.(side exit, dual exhaust or stock appearance)

Let me also say, this is more my wife's car then mine, as I am dealing with liscense issues for child support, but I do still drive.(I can't help it, I love driving and breaking the law, I guess!)

She didn't want the car until I showed her data that our year had a 16.0 et, and a 98 mustang 4.6 auto had a 16.5 et. She wants a sleeper car she can embarrass people in, and one she has worked on herself.

Also, has anyone swapped subframe, strut towers and lower control arms from a gen 2? The aluminum subframe? I don't like that I can only adjust toe.

Thanks for the add, and the page in general. These are highly slept on cars, and I hope this isn't my last. I also want to swap a 3800 into an mid 80's caviler as well as other crazy ideas, but right now Burt is the concern!