Can't get the steering wheel controls to work with the Pac Swi-X controller

Dark Ride

The new switch is aftermarket unfortunately, I couldn't find any new acdelco ones. The cam is definitely busted, some of the emitters are broken off. Guessing someone screwed it up last time they replaced the signal switch. A nearby junkyard may have a steering column with srwc, would any 89-93 column work as long as it has swrc? Would the later years be better as they improved the design?

The new switch is aftermarket unfortunately, I couldn't find any new acdelco ones. The cam is definitely busted, some of the emitters are broken off. Guessing someone screwed it up last time they replaced the signal switch. A nearby junkyard may have a steering column with srwc, would any 89-93 column work as long as it has swrc? Would the later years be better as they improved the design?

I would think any 89-93 SWRC would have it. 94+ won’t work. It uses a clockspring.

Got one from a 93. The rings on the back side are really dirty though, what kind of grease do they use on these? Planning to clean the old stuff off since it's so nasty.

• 1 month later...

Finally got this installed and put back together. I hooked up the tool I bought to perform the tests and the brand new turn signal failed one of the tests, nothing where battery voltage should be. So I basically gave up on getting them to work and finished reassembling it anyway. Put it all back together and figured I would try to program it one last time before removing it and it worked! I was able to completely program everything and the steering wheel controls now control the deck. Not sure how but I'm not complaining. One weird issue I noticed after I put it back together though. The blinkers work as intended unless I turn the headlights on, then they won't flash, just solid. Any idea what would cause that or where I should look?

Check the brake lights and marker lights with them on. You might have a bulb out that wont flash the 2nd filament.

• 6 months later...