Let's talk rear struts!

sampuppy1

Seems like these always get ignored.

What do you have?

What have you had?

What do like/hate about what you got?

Buy complete/build your own?

Best options for stock daily drivers? Racers? Street/strip?

I've got a stock 2000 Regal GS. No plans to race. Found monroe quick struts which from what I saw is the sensatrac line. Complete. Gonna give them a try.

Sent from a flagged XT1254

Tyler/T-Unit

Monroe is junk. I have em both on my Cutlass and G20. They wear out quick. Expect to change em in 2 years. 5 if you get lucky. I vouch for the KYB's

I never considered KYB "performance". I have a KYB strut on the drivers side and a Monroe on the passengers side of my Infiniti and I couldn't tell the difference until the Monroe side shot out . The ones on the rear are both Monroe as well. Waiting for them to go bad too.

KYB GR2/Excell G and Monroe Sensatrack/OESpecturm are considered OEM replacment, both manufacture for OEMs. I've run both over the years, I have no real preference both have delivered long life and worked as intended.

My z34 has some long, long discontinued Koni's in the rear, had them rebuilt for a large sum of money at one point.

For a 2g About the only performance strut available is a KYB AGX. They are quite a good deal for what they are

I found a set of monroe rears for a great deal so I'll probably just get them. If they blow apart, I'll get different ones.

Tyler/T-Unit

• 3 weeks later...

What ever the stock ones are in these cars are pretty good i think. They will lean alot when turning but thats easily fixable with a STB. Otherwise they soak up everything pretty well.

They make bilstein for the W body I have new ones I will install on my 2001 Regal

I can't find anything for it. Where did you get them?

What ever the stock ones are in these cars are pretty good i think. They will lean alot when turning but thats easily fixable with a STB. Otherwise they soak up everything pretty well.

I have a front STB. No rear.

I ended up getting Monroe quick strut assemblies. They ride nice. Not very noisy.

If I can find bilsteins complete I'll do them up front for sure.

Tyler/T-Unit

• 1 month later...

Based on the recommendations here, i just installed the KYB GR2 on my 1995 Cutlass Convertible. I am VERY pleased after a couple of initial test drives. My car only has 49,000 miles so i wasn't sure how worn out they could be....these made a HUGE difference. Obvious how worn out mine were now.

Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1