TGP Forum

Heartbeat1991

Taken care of.  That was the result of one spammer somehow registering a heap of accounts. I rarely visit over there these days as you've noticed. I don't think Luke visits there often anymore either. Maybe someone here that does can get in touch with Luke and be promoted to mod or admin status.

Its not really looked after too much these days, I don't think I have any powers over there. I haven't visited myself in quite a long time.

Maybe it would be a good idea to merge the forum with ours. Maybe a forum within a forum.

I think I've suggested it before, but I doubt it's that simple to do. Keeping them separate is likely the easiest.

Sent you a PM Chris. :thumbsup:

Edited by mfewtrail

• 1 month later...

That mod is not engine specific? 

No, fuel pump install is the same as any first gen w-body.  Fuel Pressure Regulator is different between the turbo 3.1 and NA 3.1 but you don't need to do anything with it.  I installed a new hangar/sending unit at the same time as they get quite rusty.

I would like to see the TGPforum brought over here to make sure the information isn't lost, but from what little I know about databases and such that house the information, I doubt it would be easy/possible.

No, fuel pump install is the same as any first gen w-body. Fuel Pressure Regulator is different between the turbo 3.1 and NA 3.1 but you don't need to do anything with it. I installed a new hangar/sending unit at the same time as they get quite rusty.

I have the 3.4 DOHC. Thats why i ask. Im considering a walbro if my AC Delco ever goes out.

• 1 year later...

I haven't posted here in many years (I didn't bother to resurrect my old account but it looks like it is still here, FutureTGPer).  But I was just thinking about the old TGP gang and looked at TGPforum for the first time in 5 years or more, and was sad to see its a ghost town.  I learned a lot over there in my late teen and early 20s and was sad to see the TGP community looks a little gutted from its hay day.  Does everyone make a wish every year that Jeff M would show back up and breathe life into these old GM's again?  I know I do, that guy was a force.  I got to meet him in person a few times, he was like standing next to a roaring fire, just a constant crackle of input and output.  I still wonder what became of the guy.

Jeff M decided to up and fall off the face of the planet, I'm not sure anyone knows where he is. Also consider he went MIA like a decade ago. These cars have gotten ancient and it's hard to keep anyone enthusiastic about them.

TGPForums gets very little traffic because the four people who still own an LG5 are here.

TGPForums gets very little traffic because the four people who still own an LG5 are here.

QFT. And I think all LG5s in existence are collectively owned by about 4 of us, haha.

• Like 1

I used to be on TGP forums a lot but I haven't since I sold my STE more than 10 years ago.  There is some great info on there (and here of course).  I've been casually looking for another TGP or 90-96 but there isn't much around.