Hello car enthusiasts

MikeGrooms

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the site. I have  a 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. I bought this car in 2006 and have had little trouble with it. It is garage kept and the body is in great shape.  I have not really done much work to the car as it has been very reliable up until this year. The car has 150,000 miles on it. I am having trouble with the car starting when the engine is warm. It starts fine when cold but once it has  warmed, I can't get the car to not stall unless I keep hitting the gas petal while turning the ignition key.

Welcome! Sounds almost like a fuel injector getting heat soaked, but didn't think that was an issue on the newer engines (my old 93 did this same thing). If you have a multimeter you might check the resistance of the injectors. Which engine? I assume L67 (supercharged 3800) if it's an SS. I think you can get to all of them without taking anything apart. That'd be an easy place to start

I'd check the fuel injectors. The 3800 isn't known for fuel injectors failing but those W's are known for the fuel pump failing.  If you have a multimeter, you should read 12.6 or so volts at all 6 injectors when the engine is warm. If one of them reads below that value, the injectors are bad. If they all read at 12.6 or so then you'll have to cycle the ignition and check pressure at the schrader valve. It should stream out of the valve. If it spits it out without much pressure, then it can be your fuel pressure regulator or the fuel pump itself.