Ignition mudule

manualturbo

hey boys,

i was wondering-is a 2.8 n/a module out of an 88 gp is the same as ours. the last few days ive been getting code 43 i think it is-esc(elec spark control) failure.mechanic told me it was more than likely module-which is reasonable cuz few weeks bad had a nasty radiator leak all over he coils. anyways,ive got a 2.8 module laying around,wondering if they were interchangeable.

also,anyone with the 5-speed,when u come to a complete stop do ur rpm's dip low or even does it ever stall? mine seems to dip down to about 500 rmps then just back up quick,or else it will stall.im thinking its something to do with the eprom,which i pretty much know nothing about. or could this be becuz of the module???(just in case ur wondering i do have jeffs crossover :D ) my other guess would be egr valve, and would that hurt anything if i just removed it and plugged the hole in the manifold? bad idea?

lost post sorry been a long time so lots of ???'s built up.thanks in advance.

-mitch

90-5sp

Hey Mitch...

It has something to do with the idle control and the speed sensor. Mine used to stall all the time when I came to a stop. I got a .bin file from Mick that bumps the idle speed up slightly so you don't run into a stall condition. If you have a way to burn an EPROM for your car I can send you the .bin file. I can also burn you an EPROM that you can put into your MEMCal if you know how to solder chips. This .bin has no performance stuff in it...just opens flags for the manual instead of it being an automatic, and the slight idle increase to 1050 RPM.

Let me know if you are interested...Kenny

i have a auto an mine does the exact same thing when i slow (sometimes) or even let it idle the rpms will slowly drop lower and cut off if I don't rev. I was told that jeff's chip will eleviate the problem. I just need the money! :cry: