simplified wiring help

heiner921

hi yall   new to the sight  been racing a lumina for awhile but now im getting more serious into racing. anyone able to help me out with simplifing the wiring on two 96 luminas with 3100 engines.  one has a 2 connector computer and one has a 3 connector computer  both have vats. anyone that can help me eliminated all the un needed stuff for both of these cars or point me to where i can find the info that would be great. TIA!

VATS is bypassed by splicing in a resistor matching your key on the ignition cylinder harness, not sure which without a 3100 diagram in front of me. Most locksmiths can do this for you. As far as doing things to the PCM its about impossible because reasons around a non removable memcal module.

I am planning for a 3400 V6 swap in my 94 Cutlass sometime and in my research and parts gathering I was referred to the PCM out of an early 90`s 3.4 DOHC found in the Z34, GTP and some Cutlass models or similar years because you can remove the memcal and have it reprogrammed easier. I`d recommend you look into this swap as you can pretty much use your 3100 harness for the 3400 and this engine as a better aftermarket selection than a 3100 does.

What sort of racing you doing?

i got it figured out last night guys....  i used a ecu and its harness from an obd1 90 lumina 3.1L and the engine harness, swapped it to my 3100 and runs well   ecu harness has about 25 wires and a few grounds and a few power wires.   NO reprogramming was needed

i shouldnt say i race theses cars, i destroy them in demo derbies... so of these engines i have made them carbed. kinda neat

I think that may be considered suicide. I'd like to see Ford Taurus being used but I suppose they would be expected to run and move under their own power.

Since learning that W body cars are popular in derbies I was wondering what else is popular. Turns out Cavaliers are too but there's also a couple of people derbying Camrys, which I approve 100%. Not so much Accords which I would like to see. Surprising they don't derby Nissans... or better said haven't seen one. Those things are built more solidly than the Toyotas and Hondas.

Anyways, I mention it because what they do on the small cars is get bumpers from other cars that will make the cars "stronger". There's someone that was derbying a mid 90's Camry with a towncar bumper.

This thread is not about your personal feelings on demolition derbies.  If you don't have anything constructive to say in regards to the OP, try taking it to the Whatever! thread.  

• 5 years later...