UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RareGMFan

Whatever happened to those Northern IL meets (meet L, aka 50 planning thread)

...almost a year to the date since the last one. Sorry guys, got a whole lot of stuff going on right now, so I mega dropped the ball on these. However, we simply can't NOT have a 50th meet, so I'm back like Nsync. Since most of August is tied up for me, I'm thinking Saturday the 30th of July? This will be another Herrick Lake cookout. I will supply everything like the last couple times, so all attendees will have to do is bring $5/person to contribute to the costs of food/supplies. I actually already bought soft drinks, chips and beef franks over the last couple weeks due to some nice sales I came across. Now we just need people! Come on. Retro is in, and this is sooooooo retro!

I've communicated with a few people about this and gotten enough interest to start an official thread.

http://www.w-body.com/topic/55130-northern-il-w-body-meet-l-herrick-lake-wheaton-july-30th/

Please let me know if you can/will be attending so I can get an fairly accurate head count to base food/supplies off of.

Moddman, I already told you on grandprixforums to leave this issue alone. As I said, nothing has changed regarding you and "the other person" attending these events. The fact that you have not only ignored this multiple times now on GPF, but have gone so far as to post on another message board only emphasizes the reasoning as to why . Please stop trying to cause trouble/ruin things for everyone and leave these Northern IL w-body meet threads alone. I'm not discussing this any further.

Hmm...the 30th.  Let me see if that day is open!

You'd better be there! You're way overdue!

Count me in!!  Although I won't be there with a W-Body probably.  :(  My blue GP trans broke something new, and I broke the black TGP at GLD this weekend.

That blows, man. :( Did either get any successful runs before they tapped out?

I wish I could come up for this and meet some of you guys for the first time but the car's in no shape for a road trip until I get through my busy season and get shit done to it.

Bummer

Edit: All of you guys not some of you guys, I just read the attending list and I haven't met ANY of our members on there IRL.

Edited by Imp558

That blows, man. :( Did either get any successful runs before they tapped out?

Not the blue GP unfortunately.  It hasn't made a pass since it broke at Nationals 2 years ago now.  The black TGP got 2 runs and broke on the line on the 3rd.  Got 15.1 and 15.2 out of it.  Had a 14 second run in it easy, and my launch was prime for making that happen when it broke.

Hmm...the 30th.  Let me see if that day is open!

Aaaand it's not.  Looks like I have a detail lined up for Saturday, as well as a waterpark day apparently.

Not the blue GP unfortunately.  It hasn't made a pass since it broke at Nationals 2 years ago now.  The black TGP got 2 runs and broke on the line on the 3rd.  Got 15.1 and 15.2 out of it.  Had a 14 second run in it easy, and my launch was prime for making that happen when it broke.

I was going to say....wasn't that thing well into the 14s already? That sucks, man. :( The game of building them better/stronger/faster continues!

Aaaand it's not.  Looks like I have a detail lined up for Saturday, as well as a waterpark day apparently.

....but......I have Jew dogs!!!1111

I've never had the black TGP at the track before, so I have no times on it.  I found that I snapped the axle on it, right past the splines.  I've got the axle out, but now have to get the stub of the shaft still stuck in the trans out.  I'm going to try my butt off to get that resolved tomorrow evening after work.  Need to get a decent tap and drill bit that will work on what I assume is Chinese hardened steel.  If I can do that and get an axle fast enough, I'll have the black TGP at the meet on Saturday.  Here's hoping!

Really hate to do this, especially on short notice, but due to the lackluster interest, I'm going to postpone this meet and hope for a better turnout on another date. Really sorry, guys. :(

Really hate to do this, especially on short notice, but due to the lackluster interest, I'm going to postpone this meet and hope for a better turnout on another date. Really sorry, guys. :(

Sorry I wasn't around to help numbers --

Let me know when the next date is.

Also, Y U NO text me back?