02 GP Performance Shift

Grandprix1

make sure you test your fuel economy with both of the different octane's. That way you'll know if it's actually more expensive to run the 93 or not. For me it's always been cheaper to run the better gas but you have to keep yourself from driving it like it's got the higher octane if you know what I mean.

I just can't believe they'd sell a tune requiring 93 for an l36 lol

They had a thing that you could select what fuel you wanted to run in it. I thought I had chosen 89 as that is what they recommend for NA. It's not worth sending it back and having it retuned so I'm not worried about it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

make sure you test your fuel economy with both of the different octane's. That way you'll know if it's actually more expensive to run the 93 or not. For me it's always been cheaper to run the better gas but you have to keep yourself from driving it like it's got the higher octane if you know what I mean.

Yes I know what you mean haha. I've always noticed it seemed to run a bit better on higher octane even on the stock tune so I usually ran 89 then treated it to 93 every now and then. Guess she's getting 93 all the time now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's just that people argue that all the time. They'll come back and say they got worse fuel economy but it responded better and it had more power. In a sense they're establishing that they drove it like it was stolen and then it got worse fuel economy. If you drive it like you did when I had 93 octane you should get better fuel economy. the only vehicle I ever had that it didn't work like that with was my 84 Dodge, for some reason the Mopar Gods had decreed it was only going to get 16 miles per gallon and it didn't matter what octane fuel or driving conditions.

for some reason the Mopar Gods had decreed it was only going to get 16 miles per gallon and it didn't matter what octane fuel or driving conditions.

i can confirm that not much has changed lol