UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
digitaloutsider

2016 Fall W-body Meet - September 16-18 - Maumee, OH INFO THREAD

75a34551eb332a1219e08c9441f07386.jpg

I'm just throwing this out there, because I know how much everyone hates wearing pants, but I legit think that a photo like this needs to happen at the meet. (I hope y'all wear underwear) lol

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Okay, Al went and worked with the hotel earlier in the week.  The confirmed group rate is 69.99 for the second floor rooms (no fridge or microwave I believe) and 74.99 for the first floor with fridge and microwave.  This rate is for a virtual "block" of rooms (although we will work to ensure everyone is together on the back of the hotel where we usually are) and will not go up even if hotel occupancy changes.  I called and tried to haggle about the price, but that was their reasoning for why it is what it is.  To book at this rate, make a reservation under the "W BODY" group. Folks can book online, but I don't know how they are about putting you in the back of the hotel or not.  Seems to be a crapshoot.

Red Roof Inn #046

1570 Reynolds Road

Maumee, OH 43537

(419) 893-0292

Friday, September 16, 2016 to Sunday, September 18, 2016

this brings up the relevant news: starting this weekend, I now have a serious urgency to get the 95MC back together ASAP followed by getting the 91GP finalized with semi-urgency(I'd still really like to get a F40 together to hook up to the LQ1 instead of the 4T60E), shoot me if I don't have at least one of them ready to go for W-meet2016v2.

...................... :facepalm:

so, the largest machine at work(the one that ensures most of our paychecks) went down early last week, so now all of the jobs it normally does, we're having to run in two of the smaller machines(at a slower pace) until it comes back online, and the company is mandating weekend overtime until those lines are caught up, so now we may be stuck working the meet weekend.

They gave me Saturday off but I have to close Friday and open Sunday so I unfortunately wont be making it this year. To many issues with this install at the house as well so really cannot get away until its over with.