Door handles.

jiggity76

Yeah, I'm thinking I put something like that on the 94 vert.  The finish looked streaky (like they sanded with 60-grit before painting).  They didn't have near the range of motion of the OEM so it was critical I had the linkage adjusted just right.  One extra turn in one direction and it wouldn't open from outside.  An extra turn in the opposite direction and it wouldn't open, period.  Had to get it just right.  I'm guessing was made by a Chinese company.

• 7 months later...

Just got done switching out the broken driver side outside door handle.  Went really smoothly, actually really easy.  I was surprised how easy it was!  The old handle was from Taiwan and it looked kinda cheap so maybe that's why it broke?  I also switched out both door lock cylinders on both side since the driver's side wouldn't work.  Took about 45 mins for everything and it all works flawlessly.  Thanks for all the posts and help guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry MemphisMan, forgot about this post.  I found a GM OEM handle on Craigslist.  It was still in the original GM box.  I think that's why it worked so well since there were no quality or fitment issues.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive this dead thread but I think it might be the most recent relevant one.

My passenger door handle broke about a month ago and I was surprised to find advance having a different brand handle. It specifically said made of plastic. Knowing my paint job's current shape, I figured one more mismatch is no big deal. The thing shipped for free and was less than 30 bucks out the door. I was confused when it arrived as it seemed to be of equal quality as the dorman ones. Not plastic. I think it was the same pot metal with the finish much glossier than the dorman one on my driver side.

Hard to speak of longevity yet. The curvature was pretty much non-existant but pulling it along the door line and mounting it made the fit adequate.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/aap-aftermarket-recyc-front-passenger-side-exterior-door-handle-made-of-plastic-gm1311130/11836407-P?cm_mmc=ET-_-Trans-_-Shipped-_-General#utm_source=et&utm_medium=trans&utm_campaign=shipped&utm_content=general

Edited by vipmiller803

I still find OEM ones new in box on CL sometimes and I always grab good ones at the junk yard when I see them.  I know they are still old but there OEM and that always works the best.

I agree. I have mever run across one though.

A couple photos:

Weird advance brand                                                                                                                   Dorman

post-8593-0-87037700-1529597132_thumb.jpg

post-8593-0-61811800-1529597138_thumb.jpg

Edited by vipmiller803