282 versus 4t60e

pshojo

I have a 94 grand prix se coupe 3100 sfi v6. So theyre scarce, but if I found one....it would bolt right up, no mods?

Yeah, you would need a donor W body car with a 2.8 MPFI. You would then need all the 5 speed specific parts as well. You would need the axles as well. The easiest way is sourcing a 88 or 89 W with a 282. Everything would be plug and play and you would have a visual to see where things go on the 3.1

Also, you would need to swap the flywheel from the donor to your 3.1 You're not supposed to use the automatic's flexplate.

J-bodies lost the 282 after 94 anyways, I want to say F23 or an Isuzu unit was used for 95+.

Manic has mentioned it a few times. I don't know if they're literally identical or close enough to where swapping a bracket or two allows it, etc.

As far as the Cavaliers go, the F23 was used in 2000-2002... At least what would be useful for us. 2003-2005 has a different bellhousing pattern. 2000-2002 has the metric bellhousing pattern. This transmission actually outlived the car it was put in too. The Cobalt got the F23 too, but obviously that won't work with a V6 unless you get a bellhousing adapter or something.

The Isuzu trans was used in 95-99.

The thing to keep in mind however is that the 2.4 used a different bellhousing pattern. You can't get a 5 speed out of a Z24. It has to be a 2.2L (or 2200 as it was called in its later years).

Is there a manual that will fit in a 3100 w body without mods or new engine?, cuz the engine is pretty new

Any other 60* V6 282 should work.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have complete manual swap available. 1989 282, trans, pedals, brake booster, axles.......

Are you selling it ? If yes. Pm me some more info please.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk