How to drain a full tank of gas

tonytoca_87

How's it going everyone I just purchased a 95 Vert with 88k miles and she's been sitting for a year. I'd like to drain the old gas that's been sitting in the tank. Is there a method that I can use to get this done without having to drop the tank? Appreciate any help or advice that I can get.

Raise the car and pull the hoses to the tank that go to the filler on the left rear. Then stick a hose in and siphon out the gas. It sucks and it's slow but it's what I do.

• Like 1

1 year old gas, run it. I had gas in my vert that was almost 3 years old, ran a little rough, but it smoothed it self out after a tank or two. Get a fuel cleaner additive.

• Like 3

Disconnect the line going from the tank to the filter.  Slip a rubber hose over the line and feed it into a gas can.  Use the jumper under the hood to run the pump.

• Like 1

Agree, just drain what you can but don't bother to get all, just run. I am noticing that modern gases do not go to varnish like it used to. Maybe it is the sealed systems that help.

• Like 1

in 95, either 3100 or 3.4 both have fuel rail Schrader valves that can be removed fairly easily and have the fuel pump send everything out that way. doesn't involve lifting or getting under the car, at least.

• Like 1

Thanks for your responses. I was going to use that method but i just changed fluids, filters, plugs and wires and started her right up. seemed to run fine so i will just burn the fuel and go from there. Thanks ALL!!

• Like 1