Who remembers this car?

Venom

Wow. I've had a few heart-in-throat moments seeing cars similar to my old ones in the junkyard. Lots of miles on this one but it looked like it had some life left. :( Sorry to see it end this way.

This car was one I really admired on this site. The color, the stance, the rims, everything about this car screamed sexy mofo to me. In fact, this is the Regal that has me searching online for nice examples to do something with. My heart sunk to my ankles when I saw it sitting in its current state. What a shame.

Damn. I saw it in person as well when Andrei brought it to meets- that's a shame, but it is bound to happen of course. my 98 MC recently met the same fate :-/

Wow, I don't even pay attention most days, but I even remember how well taken care of and built up that Regal was. Tis a shame indeed, but I'm guessing the demographic that is us, is growing up and the cars aren't keeping up unless they're stored for half the year (i.e preserved, or cared for 10x more than usual.) It's almost like watching a friend or family member pass away, in a way.

Damn. I saw it in person as well when Andrei brought it to meets- that's a shame, but it is bound to happen of course. my 98 MC recently met the same fate :-/

Buawaaaaa? Serious? That sweet pewterish (I think) Z34 that you had? I kinda want more info, if at least to make peace with a nice car. Always liked yours.

Wow, I don't even pay attention most days, but I even remember how well taken care of and built up that Regal was. Tis a shame indeed, but I'm guessing the demographic that is us, is growing up and the cars aren't keeping up unless they're stored for half the year (i.e preserved, or cared for 10x more than usual.) It's almost like watching a friend or family member pass away, in a way.

Buawaaaaa? Serious? That sweet pewterish (I think) Z34 that you had? I kinda want more info, if at least to make peace with a nice car. Always liked yours.

Thanks dude, that softens the blow a little bit. Found out courtesy of Jake's bat facts subscription. I'll post the full history, but her final resting place is an auto recycler in Texas.

Thanks dude, that softens the blow a little bit. Found out courtesy of Jake's bat facts subscription. I'll post the full history, but her final resting place is an auto recycler in Texas.

No way :( how long ago?

Can't remember if I said on here or not, I found my Lumina is long gone.  Was wrecked in 08, and didn't go to the j/y until 2011.  Poor thing.

2011 was a bad year for your prior Ws, Matt. :(

No kidding!  Neither deaths were while the car was in my hands..but that doesn't make me feel any better overall :(

Very unfortunate, that was a great looking car, very clean.  Although the economics of a car with 260k miles that needs a transmission in the hands of an indifferent non-enthusiast... not surprising where it ended up.

• 3 weeks later...

We all like to imagine they go to the W-Body museum in the sky where they get either a Turbo 3.1 or an L67 transplant with a 5 speed.

That sound that we call thunder is really the Angels having fun standing on the loud pedal. Ahh, happy thoughts. All better now.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

sad.im also about to junk mine,but i found a cleaner shell so its going to a good cause beforehand.still havent gotten around to the damned hood vents i have to install lol...dont worry ill keep the 88-96 coupes alive!

sad.im also about to junk mine,but i found a cleaner shell so its going to a good cause beforehand.still havent gotten around to the damned hood vents i have to install lol...dont worry ill keep the 88-96 coupes alive!

Yeah just strip it clean of all the good parts before you send it away. That's the best thing to do.

I'm in the same boat, have to get rid of my Camaro. I'm trying to sell it whole but if it comes down to it, it gets stripped and sent away to the yard where the glass is the only thing worth on it.

If those taillights are there, and the car is still there I might pull them on friday just to save them for someone in the community.

I'll look and see if it's even there they cycle the cars every 3 months so it's probably not even there but if I can get that stuff and it's not all destroyed I will

It wasn't in the yard I went to. I assumed it was Cleveland PAP cause Ken was in Cleveland for a while, Ken told me later it was the Canto location. There's a sporting chance it may be there still but it would be literally days left on the yard.

Damn...was interested in the tail lights and the front and rear STBs...partly due to how reading about it was a big factor in what talked me into getting my Regal.

• 1 year later...