Who remembers this car?

Venom

This one hurts, especially since I kinda helped build it. Ken gave me a heads up last night Andreis former 95 Regal GSX was at the pull a part down the street from my house. So I went down this morning to check it out. I have no idea what happened to the car after Andrei traded it, but it somehow ended up here.

20160320_085402_zpsgz80q7m1.jpg
20160320_085416_zpsic6zba9e.jpg
20160320_085425_zps4eqb5gml.jpg
20160320_085451_zps0e90czem.jpg
20160320_085502_zpsorcuq6wx.jpg
20160320_092829_zpsa7hozc6w.jpg
20160320_092840_zpsfvlwoqmw.jpg
20160320_092851_zpsiavjztpk.jpg
20160320_092859_zpsep6clhgi.jpg
20160320_093115_zpsd4fjhi8p.jpg

And before anyone asks  nothing nice is left with the exception of the tail lights. The coil over setup is there, but I already have a setup that I'm trying to sell myself. The seats are gone, all the audio has been stripped out, the headers are missing, engine is torn apart, one of the workers bought the wheels and someone grabbed the hood vents. My guess is it changed hands again and someone just ran out into the ground. I just remember how awesome of a car or used to be. Sad day for sure.

• Like 1

Sad thing is I used to see that car on the facebook page all the time. I always wanted the wheels. Such a shame that happened.

Now as far as your coilovers... how much would you want for em and would they be plug and play?

Sad thing is I used to see that car on the facebook page all the time. I always wanted the wheels. Such a shame that happened.

Now as far as your coilovers... how much would you want for em and would they be plug and play?

If you are on the wbody facebook page, my for sale post is on there.

Andrei traded it to Bxx for a rendezvous and then IIRC Bxx traded it in for a good deal after having some issue, so probably some kid bought it

Thats what I figured

Well...shit. Many future plans for my Regal are based on this one...and I'm reminded I need to do the front and rear STBs. I do wonder sometimes if the crystalline tail lights would be more interesting than the GS tails...although the GS tails look factory tinted. Also wanted those wheels.

Sad that one with so much story ended up like this.

I was shocked to see this car.  :(  it was barely started being stripped when i saw it, I only took the pcm and a souvenir emblem and star from inner truck lid for andrei.  Actually I also took the remote start/alarm viper system with the remote as well especially since it was complete and with ignition switch I can basically plug it into one of my cars.  (hence dropped column)   Those are vert seats on the roof that came from me, and those front buckets i think came from the vert that you know who took from me.  

I got to drive this car twice.  Once just before the l67 swap, and once when i met Andrei in Indy, and it was hella fun to drive!

very sad find :(

Allegedly trans was whining horrible, and engine needed rebuild plus radiator (which seems to be new now) was leaking.  This according to you know who who traded this car in, and while doing so defaulted on his deal he made to pay his debt to me.

the complete drivetrain was replaced at 217,000 miles, and was gone over with alot of allegedly good work.  I don't think the person who did the work did his work well.

It was a California car. Bought it with 61k miles from some old lady's son that had died when I was 15 as my first car. I paid $4200 for it, and my parents helped with $1000 since my mom would drive it, but I paid for insurance. Washed and waxed it every 2 weeks for a few years before I moved to Illinois in 2004 for college, then brought the car with me in 2005. Oldest picture I have of it:

0908061911a-1small.jpg

Most recent pictures I took of it:

mjqt.jpg
m566.jpg
at9d.jpg
4wxj.jpg
s3yp.jpg

I traded in to Bob thinking the car would go to good use, since I had bought a Cruze out of the frustration with that transmission, which NEVER worked right. I had a replacement transmission in the barn, which I ended up giving away to someone with a GTP a couple months ago, who swapped it and is currently using it without problems. Just never got around to that. I figured Bob would fix it since he invested so much time and effort into that build. He traded it in for a Hyundai that promptly needed a timing chain. The Rendezvous was used for a year and a half before all the lines underneath rotted and I sold it for $1500.  

I overheated the original engine at least a dozen times trying to chase down coolant leaks in the southern California heat in 2009, and when a lifter roller finally blew and chewed up the cam, I figured an L67 swap wouldn't be a bad idea. The car was never the same after that. The front lowering springs (originally advertised for a monte carlo) and lowered rear leaf (I forget by who), handled far better than the coilovers ever did. The car became obnoxiously loud, and was only enjoyable when the transmission wasn't in limp mode, which was often. Looking back, I half wish I just had him swap another L27 in there, but buying the Cruze got me in to an AMSOIL business that now makes enough to build this car again several times over, and what I learned on this forum allowed me to create an amazing community over on CruzeTalk.com. 

When i heard Bob traded it in for a Hyundai, I knew it wasn't going to be long before it found its way to a junkyard. I'm just glad someone picked up those wheels since they were in good shape and were custom machined. 

At the end of the day, you have to let things go, and can't get attached to piles of metal. I suppose it would have been harder for me if I had sent the car to the junkyard myself, but the last I remember of the car was in the pictures above, when it had seats that actually held you in, and laid strips of rubber for the entire 1st gear on 245 wide tires, and looked presentable. 

• Like 4

If you are on the wbody facebook page, my for sale post is on there.

I don't have a facebook. I used to have access to an account and would look at that page to get ideas for my Cutlass but I don't talk to the person that had that account anymore and I have no real reason to make a facebook.

I'm interested in building similar cars myself, but life has gotten in the way.  Hasn't it for all of us?

I'm have retired my l67 swap car for now actually.  PCM does not run things right.   It will emerge like a phoenix from the ashes someday.

I almost started chasing the suspension on this car but everything is rusted together.... and I don't want a harsh ride either.  :(

Forgot to mention I got the rear STB plates, someone took the bar?  whatthequack?